Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume unit different between part and title block

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
amartin.r
914 Views, 4 Replies

Volume unit different between part and title block

Hi,

Currently, our physical properties of parts are like this : Masse in kg / Area in mm²

But I would to show in the title block the Area in m².

How should I do?

Thank by advance

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
swalton
in reply to: amartin.r

I have the same requirement, but in US customary units.

To solve it, I had to go to the units tab of the document options.  There I set the length units to the correct scale.  If I want area shown as ft^2, I have to set the length units to ft.  Try setting your units to meters, not millimeters.  IV tracks units in your dimensions, so your design will not change size. 

This does not affect the display units of the Density property.  I can only get them in g/cm^3 which is not helpful for industries that normally use lb/ft^3 or lb/yd^3.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 3 of 5
amartin.r
in reply to: swalton

This solution works for casual tasks, but I design my parts in millimeters not " in meters". And if I modify my part after changing the unit, I risk don't see my sketch that is configured in "meter".
In an other software, I could to multiply the parameter "area" by 1000 for obtain an area in "square meter" (for displayed only on the drawing).

Message 4 of 5
swalton
in reply to: amartin.r

Yes. You are correct.

I don't know of any way to control display units of the built-in mass, area, volume, density iproperties, other than changing the document units. 

I have attached some iLogic code to create custom iprops to display the weight of a stockpile in tons.  That may be a good place to start.

Replace the .txt extension with .iLogicVb to use it as an external rule.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 5 of 5
amartin.r
in reply to: swalton

Thank for the code.

I'm trying 2 solutions :

1- For new drawing & part : With custom properties already in the "standard" files

2- For existing files : To create a macro for to inject 3 custom iproperties (area, volume and mass) with the right units (m2, m3 and kg)

For the first solution :

propriete phy.png

But I get this, and if I try to multiply this doesn't work. ( ex : =<MASS> * 10 )

get phy.png

For the second solution :

I will try when the first solution work ... (based on your code)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report