Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Styles

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
willbro96
1692 Views, 21 Replies

Visual Styles

My last post on this subject did not work, so this was my question. Whenever i try to turn on realistic visual style it will not change. Does someone know what the problem is? 

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
punisher
in reply to: willbro96

What type of video hardware do you have. That's the first thing that comes to mind.

John Evans
Autodesk Certified Professional

http://designandmotion.net
Message 3 of 22
willbro96

My computer uses a ATI radeon express 1150 graphics chipset

Message 4 of 22
Dennis_Jeffrey

More than likely inadequate for visual styles

@willbro96 wrote:

My computer uses a ATI radeon express 1150 graphics chipset

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 5 of 22
punisher

That'll probably do it. I had an older ATI Radeon GPU and had troubles with Realistic styles.

John Evans

Message 6 of 22
punisher

Make another pass at your application settings, Display settings. Then make sure you Graphics adapter is at least DX10 capable. If not, you're likely running in a compatibility mode already.

John Evans

Message 7 of 22
willbro96
in reply to: punisher

I am running DirectX 11 and it is set to quality in hardware options. also it will not let me turn on shadows.

Message 8 of 22
punisher

The 1150 only supports DX 9b.has no memory, but shares with the CPU. I believe this chipset will struggle a little. If you find a setting that gets you through modeling well, stick with it.

John Evans

Message 9 of 22
blair

If you have a  ITP or IAM opened in Inventor, go to the Aplication Options>Hardware and do a graphics card test. What Hardware number does Inventor return?

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 22
willbro96
in reply to: blair

here is a photo of the results 

Message 11 of 22
mcgyvr

@willbro96 wrote:

here is a photo of the results 

That card is insufficient for Inventor... Time to upgrade to take advantage of better styles/lighting/shadows,etc..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 12 of 22
blair

I don't beleive hardware level 2.1 will support this level of display. Trying to find the exact documentation

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 13 of 22
blair
in reply to: mcgyvr

This should help out. http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2012/Help/0073-Autodesk73/0739-System_P739/0741-Increase74...

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 14 of 22
mcgyvr

Just to clarify.. Use the link Blair posted but you need to scroll to the bottom and expand the plus next to "enhanced visualization system and graphics requirements" Then you will see that you need a min of feature level 3 to see shadows/realistic stuff..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 15 of 22
mcgyvr

Blair you got a new video card didn't you... You like it? I thought you had an expensive quadro before

Message 16 of 22
blair

Yes, the Quadro FX3800 now resides in my home machine. The 590 operates better at Realistic than the 3800 does at Shaded. Pulls a 5.0 on the Inventor Hardware and not to bad on the Win7 Performance

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 17 of 22
willbro96

Is there any way to improve the performance because i can not upgrade the graphics card since it is a chipset?

Message 18 of 22
blair

Turn off all fluff:

Start>Control Panel>System>System Properties>Advanced>Performance>Setting>Adjust for best performance.

Get ride of all screen back-ground images, set to Black as well.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 19 of 22
mcgyvr

@willbro96 wrote:

Is there any way to improve the performance because i can not upgrade the graphics card since it is a chipset?

Turning on shadows and increasing the display quality to realistic is not the way to improve performance?

depending on your system you might be able to add a video card though and just turn off the chipset.

Message 20 of 22
willbro96

I meant improve my graphics performance. and my computer is a Dell Inspiron 1501 AMD Turion 1.6Ghz dual core processor with 4GB of RAM. Is there a external graphics card that will improve my performance. if not i am fine without realistic and shadows everything else works really well.

and yes I know it is not a great CAD computer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report