Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility of objects in detail view

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anthony
397 Views, 2 Replies

Visibility of objects in detail view

Hi. I have a blown out detail on one of my Inventor drawings, I would like to toggle the visibility of some parts in this detail view however when I RHMB these under the browser I can't turn off the visibility, please could someone tell me how to do this. Thanks

Anthony Goodwin ~ Cad Manager/Senior Designer
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 SP2 64-Bit Edition
Windows 7 HP Z400, Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz
12.0GB RAM, ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cwhetten
in reply to: Anthony

Is the visibility option grayed out?  If so, this means you have the drawing view associativity set to a view representation.  If you don't know what that means, I would suggest you read up on view representations, as they can be quite useful.  Among other things, they allow you to control the visibility of components in an assembly and corresponding drawing views.

As a quick fix, edit the drawing view and either set the view representation to Master, or uncheck the associativity box (see image).  This will allow you to manually control the visibility of components in a drawing view.

Drawing View Associativity.png

Message 3 of 3
Anthony
in reply to: cwhetten

Hi. Many thanks for this, by unchecking the 'associative' box I am able to now toggle visibility of objects in the detail view without affecting the parent view. Smiley Happy

Anthony Goodwin ~ Cad Manager/Senior Designer
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 SP2 64-Bit Edition
Windows 7 HP Z400, Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz
12.0GB RAM, ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report