Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility of custom axes in iParts

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
oransen
357 Views, 5 Replies

Visibility of custom axes in iParts

I have an iPart which has a custom axis in a certain direction. I need this axis for my program, but I don't want it to be visible to the user.

When I was developing the program the axis was visible so that I could debug. But now I want to make the axis invisible, but I've found that I apparently need to select each iPart factory member and manually set the visibility to off (in each member). But this is not a column in the table of the iPart, so why doesn't setting it off at the highers level in the browser set it to off in all the members?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: oransen

In the factory table, did you try looking under the suppression tab for the axis?  So you can suppress the axis as needed for each member.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6
oransen

Is suppression the same as invisibility?The axis is geometry rather than a feature...

I'm not at that computer at the moment, but I'll give it a try later...

Message 4 of 6
Cadmanto

Kinda sort of.  Suppression removes the item from site as well as memory where as visibility just removes it from site.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 6
oransen
in reply to: Cadmanto

If suppression removes it from memory as well as sight then suppression is not going to work for me. I'll try tomorrow...
Message 6 of 6
Cadmanto

I apologize.  When I first posted I was going on memory and have since tried out what I was trying to explain.  While the axis does show up in the ipart member table, it does not allow suppression of axis.  Infact axis cannot be suppressed at all.  So visibility is the only option.  With that said, I know there are hotkeys that toggle the planes and axis on/off.  It appears what you are trying to do is a bit more complex then that.  So I am wondering if an iLogic routine would work better for you.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report