Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View cutoff

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2836 Views, 7 Replies

View cutoff

I hope you all can give me some insights as to why this is happening.

I am using valves as drain lines and it looks good in my isometric but when I attach the view to the sheet the handles get cut off.

Weird.

Thank you for your help!!

Angela

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I keep forgetting this but I am on 2013

Thank you.

Message 3 of 8
blair

Try creating the side view first, use the "Cropped View" to create the selected side view, then create the ISO view from the Cropped View. Possibly something with the bounding box when working the other way.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 8
brendan.henderson

Any chance they are Reference parts in the assy BOM? There are special controls for these type of parts and if they aren't set (on the Drawing View) they can get cut off.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: brendan.henderson

I do believe that the handle is a reference part.  Does that make a difference?  I am relatively new to Inventor.  How would I create a side view?

Thank you 🙂

Angela

Message 6 of 8
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:

I do believe that the handle is a reference part.  Does that make a difference?  I am relatively new to Inventor.  How would I create a side view?

Thank you 🙂

Angela

Bingo... yes it makes a difference.

Edit the view and go to the second tab (model state) and make the "margin" larger. (right under the hidden line calculation section)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

BAM!!  The margin worked!!  Thank you so much!

Angela

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: brendan.henderson

Exactly right! If any part is Reference in BOM, then they are cut off from drawing views.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report