Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Representation order

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
325 Views, 5 Replies

View Representation order

I'm working in ancient Inventor 2009 and I'm using view representations for all of my .ipn levels. I've accidentally skipped one step and would like to put it in the middle of the others. Is there a way to re-organize the representations. I've attached a picture. I need to insert a representation above the check marked one.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

If you can't drag it either Up of Down then you are pretty much stuck with it. I don't think anyone has written any iLogic to sort the View-Reps

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

yes (in that you can) and no (in that its not as simple as it clearly should be)..

Lets say you have these view reps

What you have to do is create your new view rep (view rep 3).. It will now be at the bottom of the list..  So now you will have 

Now copy 4 (and give it a temp name) and it will be below 3 now.. Then delete the original 4.

Its STUPID yes.. Many users have been requesting this feature for years but to date we still must do the "copy/paste dance"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

That worked! Kind of a pain, but got the job done. Thanks!!

Message 5 of 6
blair

Never gave any thought to adding/deleting. I just name them things such as Air-System1

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 6
blair

Never gave any thought to add and delete.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report