Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Rendering Stops at some point

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
n00kie.tdc
490 Views, 4 Replies

Video Rendering Stops at some point

Hey all!

I have an issue with rendering videos. I have a video, which is 315 seconds long, I am trying to render it.

I tried two times already, left computer to render it during the weekend and when I get back on Monday to work, I see that video didn't render completely. I set frame rate to 24, so in total there are 7876 frames which Inventor has to render. And when I came to work today it showed that it has rendered 2344 frames and it says Finished...

So how can I render the whole video?

Has anyone faced same issue before and found a solution?

I know I can just start rendering from the last rendered frame and continue and then jut put several video together, but why should I complicate it, when Inventor has to be able to do that...

Autodesk Inventor 2019
Running on Dell Precision 7720 laptop:
Core i7 6820HQ
16 GB RAM
Quadro P3000
Widnows 7 PRO, 64-bit
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: n00kie.tdc

Try a different Codec. It's been a while but there were some errors with rendering a long video. The solution was to render a couple of short's and put them together with video editing software.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: blair

In general, for anything over a couple of seconds the preferred process is to render to frames (PNG or TIFF) then composite them together with dedicated software.  It also provides for better edits, sequencing, and those oh-*#$!!! moments when it crashes unexpectedly.  Certainly for something five minutes long, a straight-to-video output is highly impractical.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 5
JDMather

@n00kie.tdc wrote:

Hey all!

I have a video, which is 315 seconds long, ...

Most likely the limiting factor is not Inventor, but your RAM.
I recommend animations no longer than 30-sec.

Then use something like Microsoft Movie Maker to put the pieces together.  (free - probably already on your machine)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5
n00kie.tdc

Thanks everyone!

I will just use image sequence rendering and then combine them in another software...

Probably we need better PCs to run Inventor in the company...

Autodesk Inventor 2019
Running on Dell Precision 7720 laptop:
Core i7 6820HQ
16 GB RAM
Quadro P3000
Widnows 7 PRO, 64-bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report