Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version problem to open ipt file

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jyothissurendran
1703 Views, 4 Replies

Version problem to open ipt file

Hi, I have a *.ipt file, but unable to open the file.It shows a message, can't be open because its created by latest version. I am using inventor 2010.Please find the attached  *.ipt file and help me on this ?

Open in latest varsion and save it as or export to a older version which can be open in Invenor 2010.

Please download the ipt file from this link, can't be attached as the file is heavy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/agchdt84s4ps9ji/HDV.ipt

Jyothis Surendran
Autodesk Autocad 2014 & Inventor Professional Suite 2010
Windows 10
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: jyothissurendran

@jyothissurendran wrote:

Hi, I have a *.ipt file, but unable to open the file.It shows a message, can't be open because its created by latest version. I am using inventor 2010.Please find the attached  *.ipt file and help me on this ?

Open in latest varsion and save it as or export to a older version which can be open in Invenor 2010.

Please download the ipt file from this link, can't be attached as the file is heavy.

An Inventor file cannot be opened in a previous release that the one it was created in.  Your best bet is to have the person who provided you with this .ipt file save the part as a STEP format for you which can be opened in your 2010 Inventor.

Message 3 of 5
jyothissurendran
in reply to: cbenner

@cbenner wrote:

@jyothissurendran wrote:

An Inventor file cannot be opened in a previous release that the one it was created in.  Your best bet is to have the person who provided you with this .ipt file save the part as a STEP format for you which can be opened in your 2010 Inventor.

i dont know who has created this file, thats why i posted here with the ipt attachment. If somebody have the latest version,plesae help me to get the STEP output file .

Jyothis Surendran
Windows 10
Message 4 of 5
t_stramr
in reply to: jyothissurendran

Hi,

I took a look into your assembly. It contains fairly detail model of a boat. The problem is that this model is a pure mesh imported into IPT from some 3rd party product.

There is a solution that allows you to convert mesh in Inventor into base features. You should install small utility into inventor. This util is called "Mesh Enabler for Autodesk Inventor", see link: http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/inventor_mesh

"The Inventor Mesh Enabler is a free* technology preview that enables
Inventor users to work with imported Mesh data. As shipped Inventor 2012
can import mesh data from Catia files. In addition to Catia files,
Inventor 2013 can import mesh data from STL files and from JT files. The
Mesh Enabler for 2013 adds the ability to post process the imported
mesh data to convert the mesh features to Inventor Base features. The
resulting Base features can then be used for further operations
including drawings and measurements."

You probaly need to upgrade your 2010 Inventor to newer, to be able to work with meshes.

Message 5 of 5
jyothissurendran
in reply to: t_stramr

@t_stramr wrote:

Hi,

I took a look into your assembly. It contains fairly detail model of a boat. The problem is that this model is a pure mesh imported into IPT from some 3rd party product.

There is a solution that allows you to convert mesh in Inventor into base features. You should install small utility into inventor. This util is called "Mesh Enabler for Autodesk Inventor", see link: http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/inventor_mesh

"The Inventor Mesh Enabler is a free* technology preview that enables
Inventor users to work with imported Mesh data. As shipped Inventor 2012
can import mesh data from Catia files. In addition to Catia files,
Inventor 2013 can import mesh data from STL files and from JT files. The
Mesh Enabler for 2013 adds the ability to post process the imported
mesh data to convert the mesh features to Inventor Base features. The
resulting Base features can then be used for further operations
including drawings and measurements."

You probaly need to upgrade your 2010 Inventor to newer, to be able to work with meshes.

I am not able to open the file. It will be much appreciated, If you can export it as STEP file and send it to me ? 

Thanks in Advance...

Jyothis Surendran
Windows 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report