Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vehicle Seat Frame Simulation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
lukea125
300 Views, 1 Reply

Vehicle Seat Frame Simulation

Hi, 

I was wondering if anyone would have any advice relating to an issue I'm having with an Inventor 2012 stress simulation.  I am working on a seat for a truck and am currently attempting to simulate a crash, to check the strength of the seatbelt anchorages.  As you can see in the attached picture, a 3 point belt is to be used, attaching to an upper bolted anchroage and two lower, bolted anchorages.  The only information I have related to testing conditions is that a force of 6750N is to be applied too two traction devices, that simualte the belt straps.  I'm having some issues recreating these conditions in the inventor simulation environment.  The main issue I am having is accurately recreating the force conditons at all 3 anchorages, namely the direction and the points at which the force is applied.  Using the forces I currently am, I am obtaining what appears to be a number of stress singularities (stresses of around 3000MPa) which I think may be a result of the force conditions I am using.  Any information on an easy way to achieve semi-relevant simulation conditions would be appreciated.

Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JDMather
in reply to: lukea125

Can you attach the Inventor file(s) here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report