Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault commands are grayed out; can't log in

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
kwilson_design
3527 Views, 7 Replies

Vault commands are grayed out; can't log in

Hey all,

Yesterday I was trying to amend my license file for LMTOOLS adding Mech. Sim. 2013 to it. I could not get the license manager to stop service to the server, so I had to manually shutdown and reboot the server. While I was doing this I went back to my office and tried to shutdown my sessions of Vault and Inventor that were up and running prior to killing the license manager. So I had to task kill Inventor since it was hung up trying to find a license that it couldn't obtain.

When I restarted my LMTOOLS and launched Inventor again I noticed immediately that Inventor was not happy. The "welcome" splash screen was back (I always disable that). All of the add-in's were unchecked and not loaded or running. So I fixed that by enabling them again.

However now that I can see my Vault panel again, all of the commands for it are grayed out. I was thinking maybe my project file had changed from the hard crash/kill. Nope it's reading from the correct project file. Made sure my CC is set to "Autodesk Vault Server". Check. Tried repairing the installation but that didn't help. Did a un-install and re-install (not a registry clean un-install) and that did not help.

It seems there isn't a way for me to log into Vault server from Inventor now! See attachments.

So aside from having to clean up my registry is there anything you guys can think of that I can try to get my Vault commands working again? Just don't want to clean up the registry if I don't have to. 

Regards,
Kenny
If this post solved your issue please mark "Accept as Solution". It helps everyone...really!
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: kwilson_design

go back to your add ins and right click and show hidden add ins

check edm add in

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
kwilson_design
in reply to: DarrenP

Yup that was it. Thanks Darren!

Why the hell would they hide that? You would think the Vault add-in would handle it all. Oh well thanks again!

Regards,
Kenny
If this post solved your issue please mark "Accept as Solution". It helps everyone...really!
Message 4 of 8
DarrenP

no idea why they hide that add in

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
enoamr

I recently installed Vault myself, and the first thing I discovered, was the same problem with the grayed-out vault commands in Inventor 2014. I tried the same steps as you did:

First I checked that Inventor Vault was set to Automatic/Loaded and that Load behaviour was set to Loaded/Unloaded and Load Automaticly.

Then I checked that EDM Addin was set to the same settings as above.

But.. unfortunately that still didn't solve it for me.. 

I feel quite frustrated and puzzled at the moment as I haven't been able to find any answers to what else could cause this trouble. 

Hopefully someone here can help me..

Message 6 of 8

HI,

Did you ever fix the issue you had with the greyed out check in function on inventor ribbon? Please advise, I am having the same issue.

Message 7 of 8
enoamr
in reply to: mike.barjak

Hi.

Unfortunately not, I'm afraid.  For now, I'v given up trying to use the Vault function..  

Message 8 of 8
andrewiv
in reply to: enoamr

I had this same issue and found a fix for it.  When you show hidden members I had two EDM Addins.  When I unchecked the one that has a location of just mscoree.dll it worked for me.  You might have to restart inventor.

Andrew In’t Veld
CAD Administrator

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report