Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault BOM Library Purchased parts/assembly's

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
NicholasProvo
902 Views, 4 Replies

Vault BOM Library Purchased parts/assembly's

Hello everyone,

First of all I'm new here on the forum and I have a problem with my project, and like alot of people I'm searching for a solution!

Systems we use:

Autodesk Inventor 2012 Professional

Vault 2012

Problem:

On our vault server we have a library where we keep all files of every manufacturer, in those maps are the components we buy to use in our projects. (as example we have "Vault/Purchased Parts/Festo/DSNU-35-50-PVVA.iam" its a pneumatic cylinder assembly which is devided in 2 part, the cylinder and the piston both .ipt files)

In the BOM you can set the cilinder assembly as a 'purchased' part and the parts as 'phantom' so you dont want them to seen in the parts list at the technical drawnings. It's a very great idea if manufacturers upload there parts and use this system. The only problem is, they dont... So our vault library of 'Purchased Parts' has only 10% of the assembly/parts with the correct BOM setting. And now my project technical drawing extracts the wrong part list out of my final assembly.

Is there a way I can adjust the library map 'Purchased Parts' so the BOM structure changes to "Purchased" and "Phantom" automaticlly?

Like if there is an assembly and parts in one map it changes the .iam to "purchased" and the .ipt to "phantom" and is there only 1 part in the map it changes the .ipt to "purchased". Example to clearify:

Vault

-Designs

-Content Center (library)

-Purchased Parts (library)

-Manufacturer 1

-Manufacturer 2

-Festo

-DSNU-35-25-A

-DSNU-35-30-PPVA

-DSNU-35-50-PPVA

-Cylinder.iam     (--> BOM change to Purchased)

-Cylinder.ipt       (--> BOM change to Phantom)

-Piston.ipt         (--> BOM change to Phantom)

-Bearing40-10

-Bearing40-10.ipt     (--> BOM change to Purchased)

Note that it's a Vault Library and you just can't simply edit any settings. It's crucial to find a solution to this cause bigger project are getting to time-consuming due to part list sorting editing manually (which is in inventor not the point to be doing).

Any help is welcome.

Kinds Regard,

Provo Nicholas                 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

To make a little edit:

Is it even possible? I mean what I have read on the internet, I assume that it isn't possible or do I have to edit all the 3000 manufacturer components manually to the right structure?

If it isn't possible, how do I get my part list sorted out so I get all Purchased part from that directory (vaul/Purchased Parts/...) into my part list so I can order all parts with the right amount?

Kind regards

Provo Nicholas

Message 3 of 5
Mario428
in reply to: NicholasProvo

Not sure why you do not want your purchased parts to show up in the BOM.

I make my air cylinder BOM status "inseperable" and put the BOM properties in the iam file so they show up in the BOM as one part even in a parts only BOM.

As for setting your library that way I would get some I logic or macro programming done to set the status you want.

Then pull all the parts from the library, run them thru the process and then put them back in the library

Message 4 of 5
NicholasProvo
in reply to: Mario428

Ineed you are right. And after alot of searching I used the KWIKBatchRun add-in and a macro to change all the parts to 'purchased', took me 2 days but I figured it out how to change the whol server. My part list now shows up correctly, all purchased parts are now showing up.

Message 5 of 5
Claudio_73
in reply to: NicholasProvo

Pay attention:

"I make my air cylinder BOM status "inseperable" and put the BOM properties in the iam file so they show up in the BOM as one part even in a parts only BOM."

If you set "inseperable":

- It shows up in the BOM as one part 

- It shows up in the BOM as one part even in a parts only BOM. But if you have in the BOM inseparable assembly some parts purchased, in parts only BOM, you see inseparable assembly and their parts purchased also.

King regards,

Claudio

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report