Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valve Flow Volume Space - Creation with Select faces and edges

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Emol
311 Views, 3 Replies

Valve Flow Volume Space - Creation with Select faces and edges

In the initial part of the simulation promotional video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL_DOxFagvI&feature​=channel

the internal space of the valve is selected by first selecting faces, then selecting Part Priority and then Isolation, producing the combined total flow volume space. Despite repeating this procedure many times I find I am unable to create and isolate the required volume space.  The inner surfaces of the valve are selected but when selecting Part Priority, part of the valve solid part highlights and the selected inner valve surfaces disappear.  Can anyone suggest where I maybe going wrong with this??

I have managed to derived the volume space by subtracting a new derived part, however the example provided in the video suggests the process of defining the air space can be achieved a lot quicker.

Many thanks.  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: Emol

hello,

what version of multiphysics are you using with inventor?

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 3 of 4
Emol
in reply to: Mark_Wigan

Hi Mark, Multiphysics 2012.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Emol

Valve Flow Volume Space and creation with select faces and edges are the little bit difficult to make the process the successful. I think we can use Youtube and different guides through different sites to acknowledge the whole process and then follow it to make the products in a workable form.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report