Contributor
brian
Message 1 of 3 (193 Views)
Accepted Solution

Using iLogic to change model tolerance

193 Views, 2 Replies
07-08-2013 09:42 AM

Hello Group-

I need to change one dimension using iLogic.  It changes due to the path taken to manufacture the part.  In a nutshell majority of the time the "OD" has a +.004 / .000 tolerance and the model is drawn at the minimum size.  There are cases when the "OD" has a  +.005/-.005 tolerance and is modeled at the nominal size.   I've learned some of the iLogic to make the change I'm after but not all.  I'm having trouble setting ModelValueType to change the model size.

See the code below, for setting +/-.005" 

IV2012

Thanks for your help

Brian Brisbin

National K Works Inc.

Parameter.Param("OD").Tolerance.SetToDeviation(".005 in" , "-.005 in")  'will set tolerace
Parameter.Param("OD").Comment = "Tolerance Set by a Rule +/-.005"""
Parameter.Param("OD").ModelValueType = kNominalValue 'received: parameter is incorrect
*Expert Elite*
cwhetten
Message 2 of 3 (171 Views)

Re: Using iLogic to change model tolerance

07-08-2013 01:43 PM in reply to: brian

Hi and welcome to the forum!

You've almost got it.  Just add one thing to your line as follows:

Parameter.Param("OD").ModelValueType = ModelValueTypeEnum.kNominalValue

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2012

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.

Mentor
jddickson
Message 3 of 3 (169 Views)

Re: Using iLogic to change model tolerance

07-08-2013 01:51 PM in reply to: brian

I don’t know if it’s the best way but I think you can use an if statement saying if the OD is greater then ??? then use whatever tolerance you want.

I hope this helps.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube