Contributor
chorch123
Message 1 of 5 (113 Views)
Accepted Solution

Using different part lists

113 Views, 4 Replies
03-29-2012 08:04 AM

Hello,

i'd like to know if it's possible to use two different styles of part list in the same project.

For example, one for assembly drawings and anotrher for single part drawings.

Thanks

*Expert Elite*
jtylerbc
Message 2 of 5 (111 Views)

Re: Using different part lists

03-29-2012 08:09 AM in reply to: chorch123

Yes.  In your Styles and Standards editor, you can create as many parts list styles as you want, and switch between them just like you would dimension styles.

John Tyler
Inventor 2013
Windows 7 64 Bit
Contributor
chorch123
Message 3 of 5 (105 Views)

03-29-2012 08:29 AM in reply to: jtylerbc

Yes, i have different styles, but the problem comes when switching them. If i use "replace style" it doesn´t work properly because it doesn't change everything, so i need to change the "default values" of the whole standard but just for this drawing, and i find this quite dangerous due to future "do you want refresh the current style" pop-ups...

*Expert Elite*
jtylerbc
Message 4 of 5 (94 Views)

03-29-2012 09:10 AM in reply to: chorch123

I'm not following why you're using "Replace Style" at all.  It seems to me that this should be as simple as:

Create both of your styles

Create parts list on the drawing

Select the parts list, pick the appropriate style from the drop-down list on the Format panel of the Annotate tab.

I have a couple of different parts list styles that I use for two different types of assemblies, and handle it this way.  If that is somehow unsuitable for what you're trying to do, I think you're going to have to elaborate on your situation a bit.

John Tyler
Inventor 2013
Windows 7 64 Bit
*Pro
sbixler
Message 5 of 5 (61 Views)

04-04-2012 09:50 AM in reply to: chorch123

It's true that only one parts list style can be the default, but you can have more than one style, and, as jtylerbc notes, change it either before you place a PL or after.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube