Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using View Reps for Detail Views in .idw's, some parts are still visible...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
KF090
341 Views, 3 Replies

Using View Reps for Detail Views in .idw's, some parts are still visible...

I've had this issue now for quite a while.  Seems to only happen with wires that are made in the Cable & Harness module.  And the odd part is that not all wires do this and not all View Rep/Detail views do this.

Regardless of wether I have a wire visible or not in a locked View Rep it still shows up in the Detail View on the .idw.  And yes, I have the 'associative' check box checked.

I've unchecked the check box, nothing.  Rechecked the box, nothing.  Updated the views individually, nothing.

This is ridiculous.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated it, thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Yijiang.Cai
in reply to: KF090

Could you provide the dataset here and send me @ river-yijiang.cai@autodesk.com for further investigation?

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 4
KF090
in reply to: Yijiang.Cai

I'd have to see if I can do that with proprietary designs.  In the event that I can't is there any ideas as to why this could be happening?

Message 4 of 4
KF090
in reply to: KF090

I was able to finally get it to work.  Here's how:

I had to go and Edit View each of the effected Detail Views.  Change the View Rep to the Default view, click OK.  Go back in and click on the View Rep that I need it to be and then the wires disappear.

Something is definitely wrong there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report