Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
KF090
Message 1 of 4 (229 Views)

Using View Reps for Detail Views in .idw's, some parts are still visible...

229 Views, 3 Replies
10-23-2012 11:07 AM

I've had this issue now for quite a while.  Seems to only happen with wires that are made in the Cable & Harness module.  And the odd part is that not all wires do this and not all View Rep/Detail views do this.

Regardless of wether I have a wire visible or not in a locked View Rep it still shows up in the Detail View on the .idw.  And yes, I have the 'associative' check box checked.

I've unchecked the check box, nothing.  Rechecked the box, nothing.  Updated the views individually, nothing.

This is ridiculous.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated it, thanks.

Employee
Yijiang.Cai
Message 2 of 4 (211 Views)

Re: Using View Reps for Detail Views in .idw's, some parts are still visible...

10-23-2012 06:38 PM in reply to: KF090

Could you provide the dataset here and send me @ river-yijiang.cai@autodesk.com for further investigation?

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
KF090
Message 3 of 4 (192 Views)

10-24-2012 07:45 AM in reply to: Yijiang.Cai

I'd have to see if I can do that with proprietary designs.  In the event that I can't is there any ideas as to why this could be happening?

KF090
Message 4 of 4 (184 Views)

10-24-2012 08:59 AM in reply to: KF090

I was able to finally get it to work.  Here's how:

I had to go and Edit View each of the effected Detail Views.  Change the View Rep to the Default view, click OK.  Go back in and click on the View Rep that I need it to be and then the wires disappear.

Something is definitely wrong there.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube