Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Part Number of Weldment Sub Component for Label Text

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
abstaa
371 Views, 0 Replies

Use Part Number of Weldment Sub Component for Label Text

My basic issue is that I am detailing up sub components (part of a frame generated weldment assembly with different) but cannot pull through the respective part numbers into the drawing view label text for each sub component. The part number is correctly reflected in the parts list and when ballooned on the drawing but there appears to be no way to get Inventor to get his sub component part name and insert it as an automatic entry into the label text for each sub component. [See Image]

To summarise:

I want to pull through the part number (from iProperty) automatically into the drawing view label text of the relevant sub component when detailing a base view of a model state

Maybe you will suggest just inserting the drawing view using the component file rather than a model state of the weldment assembly file but weldment preparations are not reflected on the components (such as holes, bevels etc). You cannot use the Model Properties - <Part Number> property either as this just pulls through the part number of the weldment assembly, not the sub component I am detailing.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report