Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading PC

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
geehell
409 Views, 4 Replies

Upgrading PC

We just upgrade from iv2010 to iv2014.

here is ours configuration

inter Xeon w3520 2.67GHz

6G of ram DDR3

video card Quadre fx1800 (not in the inventor recommand list for IV2014)

I want to know what you recommand me to do in order to ameliorate ours performances, is it better to add ram or change video card?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: geehell

For 64b O/S, I wouldn't look at a system with less than 8Gb of memory. The FX1800 card is getting long in the tooth. Since the switch back in IV2008 to D3D the need for a OpenGL card is moot. A good fast gaming card will work well. Look for a good fast "Gaming" computer to run Inventor. Really now a good fast "Gamer" computer will work well for Inventor.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
geehell
in reply to: blair

anyway our boss is too cheap to buy new video cards, so we will be content with what we have now.

thank for the answers

Message 4 of 5
mdavis22569
in reply to: geehell

A good/decent gaming card is FAR cheaper than what the FX1800's were running. I got 1gig Nvidia that works great from Best Buy for under $135.00. Mike

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
geehell
in reply to: mdavis22569

Thank for help, but our boss don't want to pay for any upgrade, we stay with 6Gig and actual video card.

but i keep all information for my personnal pc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report