Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from Educational Version Problems

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Grant.M.Chapman
473 Views, 5 Replies

Upgrade from Educational Version Problems

I have recently installed a copy of Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2013 and am having problems with assemblies in Inventor turning into educational versions. When I was at Purdue University I used the free educational version of Autodesk Inventor. I recently uninstalled Inventor, deleted the autodesk folders in program files, program data, and my documents folders. Then I installed this professional version. Everything works great until i use something from the content center. Once a bolt is placed in the assembly the entire assembly becomes educational when I open it again. Has anyone seen this before? I am at a loss for what to do other than format the harddrive and start again, which I would really like to avoid.

Thanks for the help

Grant

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mrattray
in reply to: Grant.M.Chapman

Sounds like your content center has parts that were saved with the educational version.

This is normal behaviour for your assembly to turn into educational.

Think of educational branded parts as a cancer. You have to cut out every last cell or it will grow back and infect everything it touches.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 6
JDMather

Were you using the 2013 student version?

If so, you didn't need to uninstall the program - just go to Help>About Autodesk Inventor>Product Information and click Change Serial Number and follow the instructions to Activate the commecial license serial number.

But this sounds like a migration of Content Center files problem.

There is a forum for this type of installation, activation and license problems over here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24 you might also contact your VAR.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: JDMather

try this: http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/10/autocad-family-edu-and-commercial.html

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

Thanks for all of the help,

Looks like no matter which way I tackle it I am gong to have to uninstall and reinstall Inventor. It takes about the same amount of time to wipe the harddrive and reinstall Windows too. I'm just going to nuke the computer and start again. I can't believe how fast you all responded!

Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
JDMather

Report back if it works.

I have seen documentation that indicates the license information is on a location of the HDD that is not touched even by Format. 
But as this sounds like something related to a previous CC I think you will fix the problem with a reformat.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report