Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 2 for Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1 has been released

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
david.harris
7945 Views, 24 Replies

Update 2 for Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1 has been released

In our continuing efforts to provide high quality products, Autodesk has released Update 2 for Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1 which addresses multiple issues (see readme file).  This Update is Cumulative and includes all changes contained in Update 1 (see readme files for details).

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22744369&linkID=9242019

We thank all our customers who identified these issues and reported them to us. These reports give us the opportunity to improve the product and provide you with the best solution in mechanical design. We also thank you for your continued business and for feedback regarding the content of this update release.

Respectfully,

Autodesk Inventor Product Team

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
QuasiMojo
in reply to: jeanchile

Agreed. If you install new versions then you are beta-testing for Autodesk at your customers' expense.

The bandwagon...er..."cloud" is a non-starter for classified work or even ITAR restricted work because you can never know 1) who has your data, 2) if you're staying within the country, 3) because clouds blow 😃
Message 22 of 25
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: jeanchile

I investigated the current position with the RRT rendering in Inventor 2014; it has not changed in the latest update & unfortunately cannot be addressed within the 2014 release due to the nature of the issue. The information in the referenced thread is still most current.

As mentioned there, this is being addressed for the 2015 release.

Sorry I don't have any better news.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 23 of 25
DN_BSD
in reply to: QuasiMojo

I am teaching Inventor 2014 at the high school level.  I am trying to decide whether or not to install SP1.  Reading this forum, it appears that there are issues with the service pack.  Have these been resolved?  I don't want to make things WORSE for 120 students!  Suggestions anyone?

Message 24 of 25
blair
in reply to: DN_BSD

Service Packs are designed and released to fix existing issues. A number of people don't upgrade to the new software until the first SP is released. So I have no idea why you would not want to install the SP. The current SP has a update to it as well, so it would be wise to install all product Service Packs and Updates as soon as they are released.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 25 of 25
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: blair

DN_BSD,

If I were in your position I would upgrade to 2014 SP1 Update2; I know there's work involved doing that but as Blair states, we have fixed numerous issues in the SP & subsequent updates.

However, it really depends on what your students are actually doing now & whether their current Inventor experience is acceptable or not.

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report