Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted remark in hole note of scaled derived parts

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
nboelens
472 Views, 7 Replies

Unwanted remark in hole note of scaled derived parts

Hello everyone,

We recently moved from IV2012 to 2014, and we now have a remark in the hole notes from derived and scaled parts, that we can’t remove.

The unwanted remark:

** Scale factor used in derived part. Hole/Thread note values do not reflect scaled values**

Does anyone know if it’s possible to remove this remark (and if yes, how to remove it Smiley Happy).

It would save us quite some time, we now manually write the hole notes in these drawings.

Thanks in advance,

Niels

UnwantedRemark.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
-niels-
in reply to: nboelens

Welkom op het forum!

I'd check the styles and standards.
Specifically the dimension style, on the "notes and leaders" tab you can see if there is text added to the hole notes...

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 8
Cambo_Slambo

I came across this in a job the other week.

I found that if I recreated the hole/thread from scratch then when you used the note command that text had gone. Its a but of a work around but as long as the new hole/thread is exactly the same as the scaled one...

Message 4 of 8
nboelens
in reply to: Cambo_Slambo

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's kind of what we would like to avoid.

We have some parts that will be used at a higher temperature (ca. 200 deg. C), so they will expand a bit. The position of the holes, and the total size of the part is important. That's why we scale it down a bit. The size of the hole's only changes very little, therefor we can use the hole note from the original part. The resulting part wil have hole that are a bit "too big" when the part reaches it's working temperature, which is acceptable.

Message 5 of 8
nboelens
in reply to: -niels-

Hi Niels!

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything in the style's, application options, document settings, etc., that's why I came to the forum.

The only thing that came close is: Document Setting -> Drawing -> Invalid annotations / Highlight

You can change the color of the incorrect dimensions with that option.

Message 6 of 8
-niels-

Yes, i just tested myself only to find out that this is an automated addition to the hole note.
I couldn't find any setting or method for removing it either.

I don't really like that there's no control over this, it should at least have some warning and give an option to also scale the value of the original hole or purposely hide the message.

It might be something to put onto the ideastation.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 7 of 8
nboelens
in reply to: -niels-

Thanks for the tip, I'll make a post in there tomorrow.

Don't have much hope left that the remark can be removed.

Message 8 of 8
blair

I don't think this warning can be removed as there is a conflict. If you used the Hole Command to create the hole in the parent part this is parametric data containing information about the hole, it's depth and any threads. By using the Derive and Scale command you may have reduced the physical part and the hole by the scale amount but other data would then become invalid. If you had a threaded hole 1" hole with a 8 TPI and you scale it down, would the hole and thread now become 1/2" hole with 16 TPI or a 1/2" Hole with 4 TPI. If you used the Circle and Extrude to produce the hole then you wouldn't get this error.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report