Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhiding Hatch lines

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1245 Views, 6 Replies

Unhiding Hatch lines

Hi,
After right clicking & using hide to hide hatch lines
I later realize I need them back. I can't find the command.
BTW these hatch lines were created from a detail view not a sketch. Thanks Don
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
reeds_93me
in reply to: Anonymous

Everything I've seen, read, and done indicates you are SOL (Sorta Out of Luck). Unless you hit the 'Undo' button to get back to having the hatch lines (which means hiding them was one of the last few steps you'd done in the current session) then the only alternative is to delete the view and re-create it. I've complained about the same thing myself. No sign if its enough of a concern for AutoDesk to do anything about it.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

In the detail view, RMB and select show hidden lines (working from
memory so exact wording may differ), then pick the hatching or select
show all and then turn off visibility of things you don't want.

ACORNMAC wrote:
> Hi,
> After right clicking & using hide to hide hatch lines
> I later realize I need them back. I can't find the command.
> BTW these hatch lines were created from a detail view not a sketch.
> Thanks Don

--
Hal Gwin
Mechanical Designer
Xenogen

Dell Precision 650
Dual 2.66 GHz Xeon
1.5 GB DDR
Quadro4 900 XGL
nVidia 6.14.10.4345 drivers
Dell UltraSharp 19" LCD
Message 4 of 7
sd
Community Visitor

I had the same problem.  First right-click on your view and select "edit view"; go to "display options" tab, un-select "hatching", hit "ok".  All your hatching will dissappear at this point.  Next right-click your view again, select "edit view", go to "display options" and re-select "hatching".  Click "ok" and all default hatching for the entire view will come back. (BTW working with Inventor 2014 Pro).

Hope this helps;

Voytek. 

Message 5 of 7
RichM1
in reply to: sd

THat didn't work hatching that was hidden is still hidden. Only unhidden hatching came back.

Message 6 of 7
RichM1
in reply to: RichM1

Apparently that does work. It seems the part just has no hatching. It is an o-ring and due to it's small size no hatching is visible. The other o-rings in the view all have at least one hatch line which I was editing to give them more so you could see them better.

Message 7 of 7
tom.roberts
in reply to: RichM1

It may not be that convinient, but alter the scale of your detail until you can see hatch lines... then alter the hatch? If they're still linked I think it should work

This is a big issue that Autodesk seem to have completely overlooked though. Hatching is terrible in AutoCAD too, maybe they do it on purpose

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report