Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to select lines in IPT

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
167 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to select lines in IPT

Since version 8 I am unable to select even the simplest of lines when in model sketch. This is a MAJOR issue, as this is fundamental to basics.

File is attached. Can anyone open and go to sketch and pick lines, either for extend, and or to dimension. Lines will not even highlite for me.

HELP

Can anyone (Adesk in particular) help.

Regards,

Don A 🙂
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
markm
in reply to: Anonymous

No problem here. I was able to extend and dimension freely. Looks like you have a video card issue.
Message 3 of 5
ruivaz

Is this still the sketch view orientation problem?

The one where you have to orbit the part so as not to be completely normal to the sketch.

Rui
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thank you... I was fearing something like this. I hate to mess with graphics and Inventor. Guess I have no choice.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Don A 🙂
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Now ain't this weird...

I went back to the same sketch after closing and re-opening, and was able to select, dimension, extend whatever... BUT... this was when the sketch was in Isometric (rotated) view. When I selected the "Look At" Icon, and selected a line to "Look At", then bingo... same problem-unable to select, extend etc.

Why would selection NOT work only in the "Look At" View.

Now I am real puzzzzzzled.

Regards,

Don A 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report