Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to extrude sketches on my assembly inventor 2011

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JiggaBobby
1598 Views, 3 Replies

Unable to extrude sketches on my assembly inventor 2011

Hello,

I am using inventor 2011 to make an assembly, and No matter wether I sketch off a face or a plane, I cannot get get my sketches to extrude, inventor wants to make cuts when there is nothing to cut. Not sure what I am doing wrong, becasue when I try doing the same thing on a new part it works just fine.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
yannick3
in reply to: JiggaBobby

Hi

In assembly Inventor can only remove material, the only way to create material it's with welded assmbly and you can add only weld bead

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Message 3 of 4
JiggaBobby
in reply to: yannick3

so then, should I edit the individual part separately to add features? will that update my assembly?

Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: JiggaBobby

An assembly file is simply hyperlinks to the part files, so yes, any changes to the part will be reflected in the assembly.

And you can edit the parts while still in the assembly environment if that makes editing easier.  Simply right click on the part in the browser and select Edit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report