Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to emboss stretched text with custom font

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
leumas12
692 Views, 2 Replies

Unable to emboss stretched text with custom font

Hi everyone,

I have been using this forum for a while and it has already been a huge help so thank you!

The problem I'm now having is this:

I am engraving a company logo on to the outside of a round tube with a custom font.  There are two boxes of text that I am engraving.  The first box works just fine with the "Emboss" tool.  The second line works fine when the "% Stretch" parameter in the text edit window is left at 100%.  When I change the "% Stretch" to 85%, I get the "Self-intersecting loop found in this profile" error message.  I get this error message when I try stretching it to 115% as well.  I changed the font to a standard font and I was able to emboss the text no matter the "% Stretch" value.

The bottom line is Inventor will not emboss text that has a custom font and a modified stretch percentage.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  This line of text must be stretched to match the company logo.

Thanks in advance!

Sam

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: leumas12

That problem has come up before with certain fonts.. 

I have solved issues like that by actually drawing the font with lines/arcs,etc..

yeah its a pain but do it once and its done..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
leumas12
in reply to: mcgyvr

I was hoping to avoid that but if that's how it's done then that's how it's done.  Thanks mcgyvr!  Kudos given and accepted as solution.

Sam

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report