Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to alter linked parameter in an assembly

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
nstalker
2484 Views, 24 Replies

Unable to alter linked parameter in an assembly

I have created a multi-value parameter in a part and exported it.  I then linked it in the assembly but I am unable to edit it.  I tried using iLogic but it also does not alter the part.  Please see the attached 3 jpegs.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have been combing the discussion boards but I am unable to find an answer to my problem.  I'm certain that it just has to do with me not correctly understanding ilogic and parameters.  This is my first attempt at using them outside the tutorials.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
nstalker
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thank you for continued attention and patience.  I guess I don't understand the difference between an ipart member and an ipart factory.  I don't understand what to do when I right click on the ipart in the assembly browser and then select replace components.  From here I can see my part - it's just a ".ipt" file - there's no indication whether it's a member or factory.  It is already in the assembly so clicking on the ipt would just replace it with itself (please see attached screenshot).

Message 22 of 25
johnsonshiue
in reply to: nstalker

Hi! After clicking the iPart factory file in the dialog, you should get prompted to select which member to be replaced. Did you see the iPart Placement dialog?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 23 of 25
nstalker
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I figured out what I was doing wrong.  I had to right click on the iparts in the part file and select "generate part" before the parts became available.  Then I did what you said and went to the assembly and swapped out the iparts for the newly generated part.  Then I was able to create an iassembly and use the information from the tutorial you sent me in order to generate the assemblies.  It's still not quite right - I have to play around with my constraints to make it work but I'm on the right track!  Thanks so much for your help!!!!Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 25

Dear sir,

i am trying to do same thing. 

i have created parameter in ipt. which is called in iam. and I want to change this parameter in iam so my part will update and so as assembly. I have created iparts as well. 

but for some parameter there is no standard value, I have to give input manually.

Which will be changing every time. So i am creating a form to enter input value manually.

But the problem here is iLogic rule is not able to change ipart parameter in iam. as same case above. Please guide suitable solution. 

Thank You.

mullasadakat205_0-1593146993055.png

Message 25 of 25

Hi! Please see my reply to the other thread.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/how-to-import-and-link-parameters-from-an-ipt-fle-to-a...

Please avoid having duplicate threads. It can be confusing.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report