Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI Ribbon buttons -- text is cut off

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
gordon
1932 Views, 11 Replies

UI Ribbon buttons -- text is cut off

Hello,

I have just installed Inventor 2013.  How can I fix the UI Ribbon cutting off button text?  I have attached a photo demonstrating the problem.  I cropped the screen shot to only show the ribbon to cut down on excessive image size.

Thanks,

Gordon

inventor screenshot.png

Tags (4)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
JDMather
in reply to: gordon

Click here 3 times and see if that helps

Click Here.PNG

Is your video card/driver up-to-date?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
gordon
in reply to: JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

Click here 3 times and see if that helps

Click Here.PNG

Is your video card/driver up-to-date?

I tried that and cycled through hiding the ribbon until it showed up again.  It didn't change anything.  The words are still clipped and the bottom of the text is still cut off.

Yes, my video drivers are up to date.

Message 4 of 12
JDMather

Have you installed Service Pack 1 and rebooted the computer?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20442029&linkID=9242019

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
gordon
in reply to: JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20442029&linkID=9242019

The installer gave me the option to include service pack 1.  Is there an automatic update tool or any other way to determine if it is installed?

I see update 2 listed.  Should I install that instead? http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19656800&linkID=9242019

Message 6 of 12
gordon

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The installer gave me the option to include service pack 1.  Is there an automatic update tool or any other way to determine if it is installed?

I see update 2 listed.  Should I install that instead? http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19656800&linkID=9242019

I just reinstalled SP1 and verified that the "About Autodesk Inventor Professional" windows shows that I have SP1 installed.  I restarted my computer with no luck.

Message 7 of 12
blair

Are use using "recommended" monitor/screen resolution and your text size is set to standard on your system screen/display settings.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 12
gordon
in reply to: blair

@Blair wrote:

Are use using "recommended" monitor/screen resolution and your text size is set to standard on your system screen/display settings.

Well, my resolution is 2560x1600 on a 30" Panel.  I have Windows font size set to the preset of large.  

I would assume that a Windows 7 font size preset would be "recommended" right?

However, it seems like dynamic button sizes would be a pretty essential feature.  I don't see any options to adjust font sizes in preferences either.

Message 9 of 12
blair

Not sure what the native resolution for your monitor is, but try setting the text size to (Smaller - 100% (default)) on your system. If you have set it to larger you could be cutting off part of the Ribbon.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 12
gordon
in reply to: blair

@Blair wrote:

Not sure what the native resolution for your monitor is, but try setting the text size to (Smaller - 100% (default)) on your system. If you have set it to larger you could be cutting off part of the Ribbon.

The native resolution on my panel is 2560x1600.

The smaller preset is too small for 2560x1600 resolution.  There are twice as many pixels on the screen compared to 1080p.

I will check to see if that makes the ribbon text work, but that won't fix my issue because then I won't be able to read anything else on my computer.  Maybe this should be marked as a bug?  Is there a public bug tracker?

Message 11 of 12
blair

If an Autodesk employee happens to read this post, it may get picked up as a bug or if you are on subscription and log a support call it will get picked up as a bug.

I remember seeing issues back in release 10 or 11 dealing with laptops and wide-screen res problems with menus and context boxes.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 12 of 12
_KarlH

Thread necro. Been wondering about this same issue recently - found that it's caused by this Windows Font Scale setting - most annoying cause I prefer a larger font for my other apps.

_KarlH_0-1663042887303.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report