Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off Adaptivity

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dan_inv09
565 Views, 3 Replies

Turning off Adaptivity

I have this part with a sweep along a 3D sketch defined by work points constructed from components in the assembly.

Everything is great. I want to turn off Adaptivity to make sure nothing moves. 2 to 5 constraint errors pop up. I try locking everything down - constraining so nothing can be at crazy angles, everything is 0° or 180° to the origin planes of the same piece. No luck. Make a big old mess of everything and build it back up - still no luck.

Some of the work points got sick, to fix them I have to go back to adaptive. Once I clean them up and hit update it's all good.

So I go to turn off Adaptivity - constraint errors!

I'm going home.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: dan_inv09

Was this a question?  Did you want us to try to help you?  If so, please post the file here.  If this is just a rant (And trust me, I sympathize).. label it a rant.

Message 3 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: dan_inv09

I would also add that if you are going to rant (which is fine) make sure it is clear and concise so that the issue can be investigated and resolved.  I would also say that the subject should read specifically to the issue as well. 

Just my 2 cents worth.  Smiley Happy

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 4
dan_inv09
in reply to: cbenner

It was late and I was tired and to frustrated to word it properly. The files are way to big and sorting it out in a way that could be posted would take far more time than it's worth - especially if it is something that is dependent on this particular fileset. (Plus, I thought I could save time by working off something someone else had done, so I don't want to fix everything - I just want to stop it from getting worse.)

Shouldn't the adaptive part be stable?

After it does all the twists and turns to adapt, shouldn't it stay that way when Adaptivity is turned off?

I put down part A and parrt B. I make part C and tell it to go from A to B. When I tell C to stay that way, it says A and B have to move. Is this expected behavior?

It's telling me that the constraints on the parts that define the adaptive part are bad, everything was fine and stable before the adaptive part. In fact, if I try grounding some parts then turning off the adaptivity parts that are completely unrelated to any of that get sick constraints.

Do I not know how Adapitvity works?

Does nothing like this ever happen to anyone else, or, is this is exactly what it is supposed to do?

Should I just realize that I'm old and go back to using a pencil?

Is there a way to tell it not to waste time thinking about moving stuff, everything is great just the way it is?

If it is my dataset I'm just going to have to hope nothing moves before I get the drawings out. If no one else has ever had this problem then I guess it must just be a rant. It is a very messy assembly, I've tried my best to clean it up - thought turning off Adaptivity would help, not cause more problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report