Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off UCS visibility?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
cbuckthree
4506 Views, 7 Replies

Turn off UCS visibility?

See attached screenshot.

Somehow my top level assembly shows the UCS triads for hundreads of my parts (but not all of them). I know I didn't turn the visibility of all these UCS triads on manually. Now I cannot get them to turn off.

When I toggle the visibility status of a few and save the file they come back when the file is reopened.

Note, they are NOT visibile in their respective part files, just in my top level assembly.

Please help me turn these off.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: cbuckthree

Have you tried toggling the visibility here?

TRIAD.PNG

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 8
cbuckthree
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thank you for the quick reply. I am currently turning them off using the Object Visibility but this is only a temporary fix. I need a way to toggle their visibility so I don't have to jack around with the file everytime I open it.

Message 4 of 8
cbuckthree

Also, I would like to know what I did to turn them on. I know for a FACT that I didn't click on each individual UCS and select "visibility"

Grrrr...
Message 5 of 8
jtylerbc

Could it be that the parts in question have multiple view representations (one with the UCS visible, one with it invisible), and your assembly is referencing the wrong one?

You might want to try checking one of the parts that have the issue, and inspecting the View Representations to see if any of them leave the UCS visible.  Then check the assembly to see if it is referencing that representation.

If that is the case, you could fix it by either associating the assembly to the part view rep where you hid the UCS, or by hiding the UCS in the other view reps.

Message 6 of 8
LT.Rusty
in reply to: jtylerbc

I've been seeing this sort of thing a lot lately. It's only been cropping up in the past month or so, and it's certainly been longer than that since there were any updates to 2013 or anything else that's changed.

I've been seeing it with UCS and work planes / axes / points. They'll be visible in the assembly, and visibility can't be toggled, but in the part the visibility is always off, except sometimes in a sketch they'll show up again with no way to turn the visibility off. It's getting a little annoying, and I can't seem to figure out why it's happening. No, I didn't create any view reps or design reps - I only VERY rarely use those.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
cbuckthree
in reply to: LT.Rusty

Thank you all for the help. I am seeing the same thing as LT. Rusty. It's not just the UCS triads, it's a single random plane that won't shut off and some work points.

I am pretty sure it is not a view rep since I have only made two Level of Detail reps (ever) and the UCS triads are showing up on equipment not related to them.

It is frustrating to say the least.

Regards,

Cbuckthree

Message 8 of 8
habibhamza753

You could try the following steps. File>Options>Display>3D Navigation> Origin 3D Indicator and uncheck both check boxes. Hope this helps! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report