Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tubing without Tube & Pipe Environment

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
ozarkfp
551 Views, 9 Replies

Tubing without Tube & Pipe Environment

I'm fairly new to Inventor, but I'm usually a quick study. Unfortunately, one thing that has me lost is running tubing from point A to point B when the connection points are not in line with each other. Our company doesnt run enough hose & tubing to justify the expense of the Tube & Pipe Environment, so I'm trying to run them manually. Attached is an image of one of the short, easier runs I have to do (from hose fitting to hose fitting, marked by yellow arrows). If I can get some help with this, I should be able to apply the principals to more involved runs.I very much appreciate any help anyone can provide!!

Thank you much!!

Joseph (jritchie@ozarkfluidpower.com)

hose run.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
bob_holland
in reply to: ozarkfp

Joseph,

Welcome to the forums.

Here is a tutorial on how to Create Inventor 3D Sweeps from a 3D Spline:

http://www.trainingtutorial.com/TAT10.htm

Good luck.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 3 of 10
cwhetten

Hi Joseph, welcome to the forum!

Check out this post for an example of how I create simple adaptive tubes.  My method uses the sweep command that Bob mentioned above.  Post back if you have questions.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 4 of 10
ozarkfp
in reply to: cwhetten

Wow! With the information both of you provided, I was able to drop a perfectly shaped/sized hose in my assembly in only a few minutes on my first try! Not like the 75 abhorations I placed in my own attempts previous! Thank you very much!!

Joseph

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

u don't need to create a sweep object when u r in d pipe n tube enviroment. just create ur own pipe and tube style, activate it and use it for ur own project.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

pls, gauges among the catalogue in inventor pro like we have bolt and nuts and others?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: cwhetten

Cameron,

Would you happen to have a video on how this is done?  I'm a pretty frustrated Inventor user.  I know everyone says the same thing but I know I could have done this simple task in SolidWorks in my sleep in about 10 seconds.

Thank you.

Message 8 of 10
cwhetten
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Sorry I didn't see your post until today.  I will work up a video to illustrate the process.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

I was able to get it to work and was able to create the 3D sweeps. Thanks for all your help.

Bob Wojcik
Engineering
rwojcik@silbrico.com
[SilbricoEmailLogo1]
PERLITE PRODUCTS SINCE 1946
6300 River Road Hodgkins, Il 60525
708-354-3350 | www.silbrico.com
Message 10 of 10
cwhetten

I'm glad you got it to work Bob.

In case you still want to take a look at the video I made, here you go:

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/6239cf4a-be38-4a07-a0b7-35d8f4437604

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report