Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube and Pipe Data Designs Missing

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kurtsoakman
2006 Views, 2 Replies

Tube and Pipe Data Designs Missing

Hello all,

I have been working on an assembly in Inventor 2012 that included a pipe run.  I'm running the program on a Lenovo Thinkpad W520 with Windows 7 if this matters.  Everything had been working fine until last Friday.  I opened the file (I had been working on this file's pipe run earlier that same day with no issues) and attempted to work on my pipe run again.  When I click on "Tube and Pipe", the normal window pops up to name where you want the location of the file to go.  When I click "OK", a new window pops up with an error stating:

"The Tube & Pipe template was not found. The specified location for

the project is:
[C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\Design Data

\Tube & Pipe].
Please verify that the template file exists."

If I follow this index, the folder does exist, however, it is empty.  I'm assuming this folder is where all of the templates and information Inventor uses to create pipe runs is usually located.  Does anybody know what may have happened to these files?  A few things I was thinking it could be:

1.  The index Inventor is looking for is not correct and I must redirect Inventor to the correct location. (Less likely, in my opinion)

2.  Inventor is looking at the correct index and the files inside were deleted or moved by my mistake or some other bug. (More likely)

Prior to discovering this issue, I was messing around with some of my Tube and Pipe files, but I don't recall deleting or moving anything that appeared to be the entire Tube and Pipe index.  It is possible I suppose, but I don't think I would have deleted all of the templete files from inside a folder and not have noticed what I was doing.  Any help locating these files or showing me where I can re-download them would be greatly appreciated.  Really any help would be appreciated, whether my guesses on the problem are correct or not.

Thank you,

Kurt

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: kurtsoakman

The template file Inventor is likely looking for is called Piping Runs.iam.  This should be in your Design Data path... wherever you have that set in youe Application Options.  This file is where you would create and store all of your T&P styles.

Message 3 of 3
kurtsoakman
in reply to: cbenner

cbenner,

After running a search on my entire compute for the file, I was able to find it.  I copied it and moved it into the folder that Inventor was looking for it in.  It seems to have worked.  I'm not sure what may have caused the file to move, but thank you very much for your help.

Kurt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report