Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube & Pipe - inconsistent mapping

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MarkESmith
282 Views, 3 Replies

Tube & Pipe - inconsistent mapping

What are the unit types required for mapping between parameters & content center?

inconsistent mapping.JPG

To add additional columns to the content center can they been added to the ipart table then mapped & published or should you publish the miniumum infor the add the extra info using content center editior?

Where is the most comprehesive guide to tube & pipe pulishing (wiki, AU)?

Thanks

MES

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: MarkESmith

Everything I learned about T&P came from the Help pages, before they went Wiki.  That would be a good place to start.  You can definitely add columns to a part once it is in the content center.  I can't say for sure what's going on with the part you posted the shot from, since I don't know what it is, or how you authored it.  It looks a bit like it was a branch fitting, and those are definitely the trickiest, since they involve mating to a pipe run at the correct distance for the run's OD AND a cut in the mating pipe.

Here is the wiki link to T&P help... there are some things it doesn't tell you.  A lot of it is trial and error to figure out what works best for the style of piping you do.  And, of course, this forum is a great place to toss out questions or ideas.

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/1310-Autodesk1310/3029-Tube_and3029

Good luck, and let me know if you need more help.

Message 3 of 4
ASI_Aaron
in reply to: MarkESmith

When you created your custom part, did you add the SN and ND parameters in the "Other" tab of the iPart creation table?  I found that this works best instead of adding these parameters in the Custom tab of the iProperties.  I will try to find a document that I found on here about publishing Custom CC parts that explains this in better detail...

Edit:

Found what I was looking for.  The last post on this page helped me when creating T&P components.  Also, just a good document to have...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Creating-own-tube-and-pipe-style/m-p/3653472/highlig...

Credit goes to cwhetten

- Aaron -
PDSU 2016
i7-5820k
Samsung 950 PRO NVMe 512gb
Quadro K4200
32GB RAM
Message 4 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: ASI_Aaron

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report