Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube & Pipe Route turns back on itself

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
-niels-
516 Views, 3 Replies

Tube & Pipe Route turns back on itself

I'm having a strange problem with a flexible hose route, as the title says the route is "turning back on itself".

See image "route_problem" for a close up in the actual machine and "route_problem2" for a view of the route on its own with an indication of how it should be.

The strange part is that in the first run (the one ending in ".gesloten") everything worked fine and as expected, but in this new run it's behaving as seen in the images.

If i make a new route in the ".gesloten" run then it works normally again but in the other run it won't.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on here or any suggestions on how to fix this?

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: -niels-
Message 3 of 4
-niels-
in reply to: cbenner

Seeing as the hoses are added at the top level assembly, which is the entire machine, i can't add the files.

I tried duplicating the problem in a smaller simplified assembly, but i couldn't get the same problem to show.

Which leads me to believe there might be something "broken" in my original file...

(also, even if i could recreate the problem, i'm unsure how to attach my custom hose and fitting content libraries...)

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Message 4 of 4
-niels-
in reply to: -niels-

I decided to start over and i copied the first (working) run into my new T&P assembly.

Creating the 2nd (".open") run in the new file doesn't give me any problems, so i'm just gonna continue from here.

I'll try to attach a pack-n-go from just the T&P assembly with the ".gesloten" and ".open" runs so people can have a look at that at least, even though it's missing all the connections and routing workpoints.

(the files are 13mb altogether, around 10mb zipped, so i need a place to upload them)

Niels van der Veer
The Netherlands

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report