Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to set up a custom part library need help

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
214 Views, 1 Reply

Trying to set up a custom part library need help

This maybe a newbie question but the company I work for is branching out from a job shop scenario into a production line shop. We produce a piece of equipment with numerous parts and assemblies that we would like to use as a base model. We do not or will ever use vault so I'm trying to come up with a library/content center area where I can store the parts and assemblies that then can be inserted into new assemblies which would create a completely new design based on existing parts. My problem is lack of experience in setting up a good library/ content center area, I do not know what would be an acceptable plan of attack, right now I have moved the complete assembly onto the server in its own location but this is where I get stumped. I have set up a project file to use this area as a library and it seems to work but I'm not sure this is the right way to do this any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
PaulMunford
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds about right. If they are single parts you could put them in the content centre. You can't do this with assemblies. You could also save your library parts as template files.

Let us know how you get on.

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report