Inventor General Discussion

Reply
*Dugal, Keith
Message 1 of 5 (72 Views)

Trying to find Redspark programs

72 Views, 4 Replies
10-30-2002 10:35 PM
Has anyone received a message when loading 6 that says trying to find
Redspark program? This is on an install of 6 after uninstalling 5.3. Any
ideas what to do?

Thanks,

Keith
*Support\, Autodesk
Message 2 of 5 (72 Views)

Re: Trying to find Redspark programs

10-30-2002 11:08 PM in reply to: *Dugal, Keith
Keith,

Do you still have the Inventor 5.3 Content Library installed?

--
Regards,
Jason Ruge
Manufacturing Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.


"Keith Dugal" wrote in message
news:smileyvery-happy:12330BAB3630DFD2F48EC0A4CC24AFA@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Has anyone received a message when loading 6 that says trying to find
> Redspark program? This is on an install of 6 after uninstalling 5.3. Any
> ideas what to do?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith
>
>
*Dugal, Keith
Message 3 of 5 (72 Views)

Re:

10-30-2002 11:32 PM in reply to: *Dugal, Keith
I just spoke to the customer and he said that he didn't uninstall it. Is
this the problem? Also, if he removes this does it affect Inventor 6 in any
negative ways? (no standard content?) Thanks.

Keith


"Jason Ruge (Autodesk Support)" wrote in
message news:9FE2242CB9CBFAFE1269738DFD32A796@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Keith,
>
> Do you still have the Inventor 5.3 Content Library installed?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jason Ruge
> Manufacturing Product Support
> Autodesk, Inc.
>
>
> "Keith Dugal" wrote in message
> news:smileyvery-happy:12330BAB3630DFD2F48EC0A4CC24AFA@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Has anyone received a message when loading 6 that says trying to find
> > Redspark program? This is on an install of 6 after uninstalling 5.3.
Any
> > ideas what to do?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Keith
> >
> >
>
>
*Support\, Autodesk
Message 4 of 5 (72 Views)

Re:

10-30-2002 11:36 PM in reply to: *Dugal, Keith
Keith,

He needs to uninstall the 5.3 content library in order for the R6 version to
work.
There are some cases where uninstalling and reinstalling R6 is required
also.
--
Regards,
Jason Ruge
Manufacturing Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.


"Keith Dugal" wrote in message
news:72585595F89CC8AD0B48164111BF7A04@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I just spoke to the customer and he said that he didn't uninstall it. Is
> this the problem? Also, if he removes this does it affect Inventor 6 in
any
> negative ways? (no standard content?) Thanks.
>
> Keith
>
>
> "Jason Ruge (Autodesk Support)" wrote in
> message news:9FE2242CB9CBFAFE1269738DFD32A796@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Keith,
> >
> > Do you still have the Inventor 5.3 Content Library installed?
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Jason Ruge
> > Manufacturing Product Support
> > Autodesk, Inc.
> >
> >
> > "Keith Dugal" wrote in message
> > news:smileyvery-happy:12330BAB3630DFD2F48EC0A4CC24AFA@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > Has anyone received a message when loading 6 that says trying to find
> > > Redspark program? This is on an install of 6 after uninstalling 5.3.
> Any
> > > ideas what to do?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Keith
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
*Dugal, Keith
Message 5 of 5 (72 Views)

Re:

10-31-2002 12:30 AM in reply to: *Dugal, Keith
Thanks for the help Jason. He uninstalled it and Inventor 6 loads without a
problem now.

Keith


"Jason Ruge (Autodesk Support)" wrote in
message news:3A14B9A9098D96A2D27ADB91EF0DE345@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Keith,
>
> He needs to uninstall the 5.3 content library in order for the R6 version
to
> work.
> There are some cases where uninstalling and reinstalling R6 is required
> also.
> --
> Regards,
> Jason Ruge
> Manufacturing Product Support
> Autodesk, Inc.
>
>
> "Keith Dugal" wrote in message
> news:72585595F89CC8AD0B48164111BF7A04@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > I just spoke to the customer and he said that he didn't uninstall it.
Is
> > this the problem? Also, if he removes this does it affect Inventor 6 in
> any
> > negative ways? (no standard content?) Thanks.
> >
> > Keith
> >
> >
> > "Jason Ruge (Autodesk Support)" wrote
in
> > message news:9FE2242CB9CBFAFE1269738DFD32A796@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > Keith,
> > >
> > > Do you still have the Inventor 5.3 Content Library installed?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > Jason Ruge
> > > Manufacturing Product Support
> > > Autodesk, Inc.
> > >
> > >
> > > "Keith Dugal" wrote in message
> > > news:smileyvery-happy:12330BAB3630DFD2F48EC0A4CC24AFA@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > > Has anyone received a message when loading 6 that says trying to
find
> > > > Redspark program? This is on an install of 6 after uninstalling
5.3.
> > Any
> > > > ideas what to do?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > >
> > > > Keith
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community


Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube