Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True Type Font displays incorrectly after publishing to DWF

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
miechh
2111 Views, 6 Replies

True Type Font displays incorrectly after publishing to DWF

Last week I installed a new True Type Font in Windows, so that our drawing title blocks comply to our company standards. I noticed that when checked in into the Vault, the title block containing the new font doesn't display correctly. It shows the new font, but it's distorted; it's bigger, and the letters are too close to eachother. When printing from the Vault, this doesn't change, it's exactly what Vault shows. (See attachments). Also when publishing from within Inventor (File --> Export --> Export to DWF) the font gets distorted.

Posted this message in the Vault-forum, but according to Autodesk it's an Inventor related issue.

Our non-Cad-people are complaining about this, because it's non-compliant to our standards... How can I correct this matter?

Product Design Suite 2024
Inventor 2024 (v 28.20.27200.0000), Vault Basic 2024
Fusion 360
HP Workstation Z4
Intel Xeon 3.4GHz
32GB RAM
Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
RobJV
in reply to: miechh

I had a similar issue and eventually dropped dwfs in favor of pdfs.

Not directly answering your question but 2 questions for you.  Does pdf work? 

And do you need the font in multiple places or is it simply a part of your company logo?  If so, you can take it into Acad and "explode text" and then bring it back in as a vector drawing.

Message 3 of 7
BMiller63
in reply to: RobJV

I too am going to be guilty of not answering the original question, but I also fought these issues in an effort to implement DWF files. In the end we gave up and now use PDF also. There were just too many minor issues with DWF. And sadly resellers and Autodesk seemed to always come up short in offering solutions to fixing these things. So PDF it is for us.

There is a Design Review (DWF) forum, so you might post this question over there as well:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Design-Review/bd-p/140

Message 4 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: BMiller63

Guilty also... Had the same problem from day 1 of my Inventor/DWF life and switched to pdf and never looked back. We also use a TTF font for our company name...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 7
miechh
in reply to: RobJV

Thanks everyone for your answers.

We also create pdf's from our drawings, for our customers. The font displays correctly in pdf. But this is an extra step in our process, and I don't think this should be necessary, especially with the functionality of Vault. Opening the drawing in Autocad, exploding the titleblock, and importing the logo as vectors in Inventor enlarges the filesize, so I think that's not a good option. I think the DWF-format could be a good one, but all these minor 'glitches' in DWF convince me more and more that PDF is better, besides that, 90% of the world uses PDF. Why doesn't Autodesk cooperate with Adobe to create an alternative for DWF or at least tackle these bugs in DWF?

Fusion 360
HP Workstation Z4
Intel Xeon 3.4GHz
32GB RAM
Message 6 of 7
miechh

Well, I'm replying to my own replies... Smiley Frustrated Switched to Inventor 2012. Hoped the mentioned problem had disappeared, but it's still there. Autodesk, please?

Fusion 360
HP Workstation Z4
Intel Xeon 3.4GHz
32GB RAM
Message 7 of 7
miechh

It's 2013 now. We got new workstations and switched from Windows XP 32bit to Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I hoped this issue would be solved automatically, but it's still present. What a bummer...Man Frustrated

Fusion 360
HP Workstation Z4
Intel Xeon 3.4GHz
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report