Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubling Drawing behavior

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
VinceBalge
174 Views, 0 Replies

Troubling Drawing behavior

We send all of our Inventor dwg files to fabricators. This lets them open them with Autocad to create flat patterns & verify dimensions. The attached file looks correct when viewed in Inventor, The DWF preview file in Vault is correct & if you open file with Inventor View it is correct. BUT if you open it with Autocad or DWG True View it has two sheets. The drawing in Inventor never had two sheets. The first sheet is what the drawing looked like several versions ago. The second sheet appears to be the correct version of the drawing but there's only dimensions showing.

I'm in the process of migrating from IV2013/VP2013 to IV2014/VP2014. These files were all created in 2013

I can correct the problem when I save in IV2014

Has anyone else seen any similar behavior?

My fear here is how many other files do I have out there with the same problem, and the only way for me to verify that woud be to open every file in Autocad. I was lucky this time because it was only a few holes out of place, could have been much worse.

Vince Balge

ATCOEM

Tags (2)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report