Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Shelling an Eccentric Reducer

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1600 Views, 4 Replies

Trouble Shelling an Eccentric Reducer

Hi there community,

I have been trying to model some piping for a CFD analysis. However I am currently unable to complete the job because I am incapable of shelling out the pipe to the desired thickness I want due to an eccentric reducer. I've isolated the part to hopefully make this a fairly simple process and attached it below. I will also attach a screenshot of the issue I'm having. If you somehow find a way to correctly shell the pipe to the desired thickness of 7/64" (12 GA.) I would very much appreciate the knowhow/process you used. Thank you in advance.

P.S. I'm shelling out the entire pipe so both ends need to be shelled.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

What version of Inventor did you say you are using?

It looks like your transition is abrupt.

Can you post a picture of actual (or similar) part?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I thought I did attach a picture and the part. It should be under my attachments... I see it there anyways. Also I am using inventor 2013

If my transition is abrupt how might I change that while maintaining the same geometry for the piping?

Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought I did attach a picture and the part. It should be under my attachments... I see it there anyways.

You attached a picture of Inventor.
You attached an Inventor file.

I attached a picture of my editing of your file.

I did not attach an ipt file, because I am using 2014, therefore you would not be able to read my file.

You didn't make any comment on whether my picture was any closer or further from the actual part than yours.

I do not see a picture of the actual, physical, real-world part.  Your ipt part didn't look "real-world" to me.  I was interested in getting correct geometry matching the real world.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

The problem has been resolved Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report