Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trim bend lines on flat pattern

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
technolog
605 Views, 3 Replies

Trim bend lines on flat pattern

Hello, 

I would like to ask if there exist an i-logic rule that would trim the bend lines on flat pattern, so that the plasma does not need to etch the whole line, just the ends of specified length. It would save a lot of machine time / or trimming the lines manually in AutoCAD. 

Thank you 

Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: technolog

Hi! I don't think I have a solution for the request. But, I would like to understand the request better. Could you be more specific about trimming Bend Lines. Do you just want to make it shorter? How much shorter? Does it help if you output the Bend Lines in a different layer?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
technolog

Thank you for the reply,

I just want to remove the central part of the bend line and leave short lines on both ends. So that the CNC plasma will etch marks where to put it under the press brake without etching the whole line (which is time consuming)

Sincerely,

Tibor

Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Message 4 of 4
ic198

This would be a useful fix for me too. Some of our builders use cutting machines so old that if the bend line extends right across the part, the machine assumes it is a cutline and cuts along it. We normally offset the bendline from the part edge by a fixed amount- say 25mm- but technolog's suggestion would work just as well.

Something similar already exists- in an Inventor drawing, Edit View, Display Options, Tangent Edges, Foreshortened produces the effect I'm looking for- but not for bend lines.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report