Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translation error

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
KevinPinks7697
1773 Views, 11 Replies

Translation error

For some strange reason I am getting a translation error when trying to translate a SolidWorks 2011 part to Inventor. Is there anyway to fix this?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Cadmanto
in reply to: KevinPinks7697

Kevin,

The file could be corrupt.

Can you post the SW file?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

What version of Inventor?

Message 4 of 12
mrattray

I assume this is the same part as we are discussing in your other post. If your on an older version of Inventor it may not have support for SW 2011. What version are you on?

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 12
KevinPinks7697
in reply to: Anonymous

Inventor Routed Systems 2010

Message 6 of 12
KevinPinks7697
in reply to: Cadmanto

I would post it but for some reason I cannot post anything on Customer Files at the moment. I have contacted Autodesk regarding this, but no answer yet!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Since the Inventor version is 2010, was released in 2009, it will not support SW 2011.

Message 8 of 12
mrattray
in reply to: Anonymous

Customer Files is a legacy forum from a time before when you couldn't attach files here. It's now closed because it's not needed. Post your files here, on this thread.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 9 of 12
mrattray
in reply to: mrattray

Also, like John said, IV 2010 isn't going to support SW 2011. Typically, you need to have an Inventor version one year later than the SolidWorks file you'e trying to import.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 10 of 12
JDMather

Free Inventor Fusion 2013 can be used to translate SolidWorks 2011 files.

http://labs.autodesk.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 11 of 12

Hi KevinPinks7697,

From the translation report, I see the file version is not supported.

Solidworks 2011 file data translation into Inventor is supported started from Inventor 2012 Service Pack 1.

Regards,

Kevin Li

Quality Assurance Team

Autodesk, Inc.

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Tags (1)
Message 12 of 12

Inventor Routed Systems 2010 ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Kevin Pinks | Schneider Electric| Industry Business | Telemetry & Remote SCADA Solutions, Mechanical Draftsperson Phone: +1 (613) 591-3878 ext 8264 | Fax: +1 (613) 591-1022 Email: kpinks@controlmicrosystems.com | Site: www.controlmicrosystems.com| Address: 48 Steacie Drive, Kanata, Ontario K2K 2A9 CANADA Important notice: This message and any attachment may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for its delivery to such person), you may not copy or disseminate this message and any attachment to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and any attachment, and kindly notify us by reply email. We do not assure the security of information electronically transmitted, and your communication with us through such means shall signify your acceptance of such risks. Conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of Control Microsystems shall be understood as neither being given nor endorsed by us.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report