Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translate Cable along with a Rotating Cable Constraint Problems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DonnyMiller
560 Views, 2 Replies

Translate Cable along with a Rotating Cable Constraint Problems

Hello all, I am working on a assembly where a cable wrapped around a drum is animated to rotate with the drum, and there is a longer cable coming off of the rotating cable wrap, this longer piece goes down to another cable on a roller assembly. I have edited the assembly to work without the actual cable drum and without the roller assembly ( I wasnt allowed to share those models ) There are now two cylinders in place of the cable drum, a Grounded center to hold everything in place, a Rotating center which is animated so the wrap can rotate.

My problem is when the part named "Drum to Roller" is a lofted cable with angled ends to meet the "Drum wire wrap" at one end and it meets the "Radius cable ends" at the other end. I need the "Drum to roller" to stay constrained to the "radius cable ends" as well as the "drum wire wrap" ... and after being constrained still animate.

I have set up the animation and you will see that the "Drum wire wrap" is animated to keep the end vertical , the animation is set up to look like the "drum wire wrap' is un-raveling cable and the "drum to roller" is to be what un ravels.

I hope this is making sense, its kinda hard to explain. I need to find a way so that the "drum to roller" translates down and over , staying constrained to the "drum wire wrap".. You will see that so far it does not.

Anyone have any ideas?  I have heard of positional representation might do it, but I dont know how to do that.

I have attached two links below they include the two halfs of my assembly, place all the files in the same folder so you wont have to search for them manually.

http://www.mediafire.com/?uvz6gcueyayrr1d

http://www.mediafire.com/?zxwho8nby9htyt8

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DonnyMiller
in reply to: DonnyMiller

Anyone have any ideas? I've been workin on it still with no success 😞

Message 3 of 3
DonnyMiller
in reply to: DonnyMiller

I take is everyone is as clueless as I am 😞 thats a bummer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report