Inventor General Discussion

Reply
*Argabrite, Phil
Message 1 of 19 (151 Views)

Traling yellow dot in sketch mode

151 Views, 18 Replies
11-01-2002 10:25 AM
This was discussed briefly in the old NG. I don't recall seeing an answer to
the problem.

On my system, when moving the cursor the yellow dot trails the crosshairs by
as much as .75" until I stop then it catches up. This happens with any of
the 2d sketch functions where the dot shows up.
It reminds me of some web sites that use the trailing balls cursor.
Additionally, when dragging a two point rectangle line, circle, arc, it is
choppy.

I've tried NVIDIA drivers 2884, 2942, 3082, 4041, 4072 and 4103.

I tried settings of swaptype=2 and 4, workarounds=0 in each of the drivers
as well as the inventor settings, full and conservative. All still show the
dot trailing.

What is causing this? Is there a solution?

AMD 1400, 1gig M, W2K sp3, hacked Asus 7700Tivx to Quadropro2.
*Dotson, Sean
Message 2 of 19 (151 Views)

Re: Traling yellow dot in sketch mode

11-01-2002 10:43 AM in reply to: *Argabrite, Phil
A lot of us are seeing this. Hopefully this will be addressed in the
upcoming SP (see thread from today Autodesk Responds to R6)

--
Sean Dotson
Inventor Tutorials and More
http://www.sdotson.com
remove all #s from email to send
"Phil Argabrite" wrote in message
news:89502D33136D0ACCE960E5BB764A29E0@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> This was discussed briefly in the old NG. I don't recall seeing an answer
to
> the problem.
>
> On my system, when moving the cursor the yellow dot trails the crosshairs
by
> as much as .75" until I stop then it catches up. This happens with any of
> the 2d sketch functions where the dot shows up.
> It reminds me of some web sites that use the trailing balls cursor.
> Additionally, when dragging a two point rectangle line, circle, arc, it is
> choppy.
>
> I've tried NVIDIA drivers 2884, 2942, 3082, 4041, 4072 and 4103.
>
> I tried settings of swaptype=2 and 4, workarounds=0 in each of the drivers
> as well as the inventor settings, full and conservative. All still show
the
> dot trailing.
>
> What is causing this? Is there a solution?
>
> AMD 1400, 1gig M, W2K sp3, hacked Asus 7700Tivx to Quadropro2.
>
>
*Crain, Ron
Message 3 of 19 (151 Views)

Re:

11-01-2002 11:50 AM in reply to: *Argabrite, Phil
Funny, I'm not seeing it, but I see lot's of "poofs". You see the yellow
dot but no "poofs".

"Sean Dotson" wrote in message
news:8D3B42DD1976554C6AD86E71618EC9F9@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> A lot of us are seeing this. Hopefully this will be addressed in the
> upcoming SP (see thread from today Autodesk Responds to R6)
>
> --
> Sean Dotson
> Inventor Tutorials and More
> http://www.sdotson.com
> remove all #s from email to send
> "Phil Argabrite" wrote in message
> news:89502D33136D0ACCE960E5BB764A29E0@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > This was discussed briefly in the old NG. I don't recall seeing an
answer
> to
> > the problem.
> >
> > On my system, when moving the cursor the yellow dot trails the
crosshairs
> by
> > as much as .75" until I stop then it catches up. This happens with any
of
> > the 2d sketch functions where the dot shows up.
> > It reminds me of some web sites that use the trailing balls cursor.
> > Additionally, when dragging a two point rectangle line, circle, arc, it
is
> > choppy.
> >
> > I've tried NVIDIA drivers 2884, 2942, 3082, 4041, 4072 and 4103.
> >
> > I tried settings of swaptype=2 and 4, workarounds=0 in each of the
drivers
> > as well as the inventor settings, full and conservative. All still show
> the
> > dot trailing.
> >
> > What is causing this? Is there a solution?
> >
> > AMD 1400, 1gig M, W2K sp3, hacked Asus 7700Tivx to Quadropro2.
> >
> >
>
>
*Dotson, Sean
Message 4 of 19 (151 Views)

Re:

11-01-2002 11:58 AM in reply to: *Argabrite, Phil
All things being equal I'll take the dots over the poofs

--
Sean Dotson
Inventor Tutorials and More
http://www.sdotson.com
remove all #s from email to send
"Ron Crain" wrote in message
news:84425D3CD68DD1DCFA5B7071B344B8AF@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Funny, I'm not seeing it, but I see lot's of "poofs". You see the yellow
> dot but no "poofs".
>
> "Sean Dotson" wrote in message
> news:8D3B42DD1976554C6AD86E71618EC9F9@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > A lot of us are seeing this. Hopefully this will be addressed in the
> > upcoming SP (see thread from today Autodesk Responds to R6)
> >
> > --
> > Sean Dotson
> > Inventor Tutorials and More
> > http://www.sdotson.com
> > remove all #s from email to send
> > "Phil Argabrite" wrote in message
> > news:89502D33136D0ACCE960E5BB764A29E0@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > This was discussed briefly in the old NG. I don't recall seeing an
> answer
> > to
> > > the problem.
> > >
> > > On my system, when moving the cursor the yellow dot trails the
> crosshairs
> > by
> > > as much as .75" until I stop then it catches up. This happens with any
> of
> > > the 2d sketch functions where the dot shows up.
> > > It reminds me of some web sites that use the trailing balls cursor.
> > > Additionally, when dragging a two point rectangle line, circle, arc,
it
> is
> > > choppy.
> > >
> > > I've tried NVIDIA drivers 2884, 2942, 3082, 4041, 4072 and 4103.
> > >
> > > I tried settings of swaptype=2 and 4, workarounds=0 in each of the
> drivers
> > > as well as the inventor settings, full and conservative. All still
show
> > the
> > > dot trailing.
> > >
> > > What is causing this? Is there a solution?
> > >
> > > AMD 1400, 1gig M, W2K sp3, hacked Asus 7700Tivx to Quadropro2.
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
*Howard, Jeff
Message 5 of 19 (151 Views)

Re:

11-01-2002 12:47 PM in reply to: *Argabrite, Phil
8~)

I've got the lagging dot, but no poofs. I can live with the dot.
I wonder if there's a correlation between the two?
Kent's got poofs. Does he have a dot?

=========================

"Sean Dotson" wrote in message
news:74BD4D70027F4E772CBBBEDAC76E2EE5@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
All things being equal I'll take the dots over the poofs
*Dotson, Sean
Message 6 of 19 (151 Views)

Re:

11-01-2002 12:59 PM in reply to: *Argabrite, Phil
"I've got the lagging dot, but no poofs."

Taken out of context these are beginning to sound like strange medical
conditions

--
Sean Dotson
Inventor Tutorials and More
http://www.sdotson.com
remove all #s from email to send
"Jeff Howard" wrote in message
news:8108CEA55454DAD2011EAB7E62A03AB1@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> 8~)
>
> I've got the lagging dot, but no poofs. I can live with the dot.
> I wonder if there's a correlation between the two?
> Kent's got poofs. Does he have a dot?
>
> =========================
>
> "Sean Dotson" wrote in message
> news:74BD4D70027F4E772CBBBEDAC76E2EE5@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> All things being equal I'll take the dots over the poofs
>
>
>
>
>
*Keller, Kent
Message 7 of 19 (151 Views)

Re:

11-01-2002 02:30 PM in reply to: *Argabrite, Phil
Many of my poofs I believe are a combination of a tray tool that Inventor
doesn't like, Playing with Windows API in VBA, and something touchy in the
Inventor File dialog. I don't think I have had to many poofs that weren't
in the File Open dialog.

No Dots here... now I suppose I just jinxed myself

--
Kent Keller
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

http://www.MyMcad.com/KWiK/Mcad.htm

"Jeff Howard" wrote in message

> Kent's got poofs. Does he have a dot?
*Caldwell, Larry
Message 8 of 19 (151 Views)

Re:

11-01-2002 07:28 PM in reply to: *Argabrite, Phil
No dots no poofs
~Larry

"Kent Keller" wrote in message
news:1575E457D0FDDDAF17BDDA6FC5EBBD36@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
>
> Many of my poofs I believe are a combination of a tray tool that Inventor
> doesn't like, Playing with Windows API in VBA, and something touchy in
the
> Inventor File dialog. I don't think I have had to many poofs that
weren't
> in the File Open dialog.
>
> No Dots here... now I suppose I just jinxed myself
>
> --
> Kent Keller
> Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
>
> http://www.MyMcad.com/KWiK/Mcad.htm
>
> "Jeff Howard" wrote in message
>
> > Kent's got poofs. Does he have a dot?
>
>
>
*Ahava, Petri
Message 9 of 19 (151 Views)

Re:

11-02-2002 02:52 AM in reply to: *Argabrite, Phil
All the dors and poofs you want! Just 99c each!

Pjotr!


"Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
news:3A3A8FC38F24B7AF2076DC9D33BD6803@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> No dots no poofs
> ~Larry
>
> "Kent Keller" wrote in message
> news:1575E457D0FDDDAF17BDDA6FC5EBBD36@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> >
> > Many of my poofs I believe are a combination of a tray tool that
Inventor
> > doesn't like, Playing with Windows API in VBA, and something touchy in
> the
> > Inventor File dialog. I don't think I have had to many poofs that
> weren't
> > in the File Open dialog.
> >
> > No Dots here... now I suppose I just jinxed myself
> >
> > --
> > Kent Keller
> > Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
> >
> > http://www.MyMcad.com/KWiK/Mcad.htm
> >
> > "Jeff Howard" wrote in message
> >
> > > Kent's got poofs. Does he have a dot?
> >
> >
> >
>
>
*Caldwell, Larry
Message 10 of 19 (151 Views)

Re:

11-02-2002 03:10 AM in reply to: *Argabrite, Phil
That's a great deal; very hard to resist, but so far, so good!
~Larry


"Petri Ahava" wrote in message
news:F3DCC57AA962D5C93F4FEF8A5B48F75A@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> All the dors and poofs you want! Just 99c each!
>
> Pjotr!
>
>
> "Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
> news:3A3A8FC38F24B7AF2076DC9D33BD6803@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > No dots no poofs
> > ~Larry
> >
> > "Kent Keller" wrote in message
> > news:1575E457D0FDDDAF17BDDA6FC5EBBD36@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > >
> > > Many of my poofs I believe are a combination of a tray tool that
> Inventor
> > > doesn't like, Playing with Windows API in VBA, and something touchy
in
> > the
> > > Inventor File dialog. I don't think I have had to many poofs that
> > weren't
> > > in the File Open dialog.
> > >
> > > No Dots here... now I suppose I just jinxed myself
> > >
> > > --
> > > Kent Keller
> > > Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
> > >
> > > http://www.MyMcad.com/KWiK/Mcad.htm
> > >
> > > "Jeff Howard" wrote in message
> > >
> > > > Kent's got poofs. Does he have a dot?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community


Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube