Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Down Assembly Tutorial Question

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
petestrycharske
378 Views, 3 Replies

Top Down Assembly Tutorial Question

All,

Have a potentially silly question here, but I am not that used to working with Inventor blocks, so could use some guidance.  In the Top Down Assembly tutorial, link is below, there is a step in the exercise Make Components that I am just not sure how to interpret.  Step 16 says the following:

16. Right-click on Screw Rod Assy_Front:1, and select Layout Constraint. Turn off Constrain to Layout Plane. Under the Layout:1 constraint, XY Flush:1 changes to suppressed and Z Angle:1 to enabled. The component is no longer constrained to the layout plane and can be dragged along the Z axis.

I have tried to right click on the Screw Rod Assy_Front:1 when I see it in a couple of different spots and I do not get an option to select Layout Constraint.  Now I can manually suppress the constraint XY Flush:1, but I am not sure if that is the intent of the exercise.  Can anyone shed any light on this?  Thanks in advance for any assistance and have a most blessed day!

Link to Tutorial: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2014/...

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
admaiora
in reply to: petestrycharske

Hi Pete,

you are totally right.

This option was temporary missing in release 2014, and fixed perfectly with Service Pack 2.

You can download SP2  here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-in...

It will fixed it and you will have finally this option to complete the tutorial.

Good luck!

p.s. for devolepers: it seems missing again in 2015 release.

Can you verify it too?

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 4
petestrycharske
in reply to: admaiora

admaiora,

I am trying to use Inventor 2015, so I can verify that these tools are not working in the latest version.  Thanks for the information and have a most blessed night!

Peace,
Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 4

I also installed lates update for Inventor 2015 and still it's missing (Update 2, Jul 21, 2014). Seriously? When this will be fixed?

I have also been waiting that when Inventor will make easy part placement available. Let me explain what I mean. You have an assembly windown and a part window. It would be nice that from part window you drag and drop a part to your assembly. Of course copy do the same but these are little "improvements".

Thanks. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report