Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too long holes in bolted connection. Missing constraints.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Sondrev
427 Views, 2 Replies

Too long holes in bolted connection. Missing constraints.

So I am using the Bolted connection and i have 2 parts that are going to be bolted together. I assign the start plane, existing hole and blind start plane and add a fastener. Everythings great.

But in my opinion the "free-distance" of the hole when the screw is mounted is too long. I think that inventor does not recognize that i have made a pre-drilled hole in the first part(from left), and in that way it thinks that I am drilling 16mm deep.

I tried removing the pre drilled holes and just make a sketch on part one. I then used the bolted connection and it worked out fine. The size of the hole was in much more relation to the size of the bolt. But doing this made it impossible to constrain the holes in the right place. In this case it 2 circular parts that are mounted togheter. the dotted line illustrates the placement i want, but i have no points to attach to the line. If i place the bolted connection the holes in part 2 are stationary but i can still move the bolts and part 1 around..

Anyone have a good workaround for this ?

Best regards

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Sondrev
in reply to: Sondrev

Anyone have a good solution to this ?

Message 3 of 3
mdavis22569
in reply to: Sondrev

Might get a quicker reply with a the parts posted too ...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report