Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tolerance Method

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
843 Views, 5 Replies

Tolerance Method

While looking at the different tolerance methods, I see a couple called MIN and MAX, which just tack these words to the end of the dimension. Is there a way to customize the tolerance methods to add suffixes or prefixes to dimensions, such as TYP or 2 PLCS or something like that, so that I can minimize my detailing time. Yes, I am THAT lazy.
Thanks,

vandargo
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

yes.

open your idw template file. go to format..style and standard editor...from the left hand side of the dialog box find your dimension style...then go to the notes and leaders tab. modify the appropriate note format and save.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks mcgyvr...
I understand how to modify the notes & leaders stuff, but I would like to know if I can modify the tolerance methods in a similar fashion. If you go to the same area, just go to the tolerance tab instead, and select from the METHODS drop down, this is the list I would like to modify. That way, when I create a dimension, I can just go the drop down in tolerance methods and select what I want my suffix to be (In this case, TYP), as I would if I were to create a MIN or MAX or reference dimension.
Hope this clarifies.

vandargo.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hi vandargo,

There is no way to edit the tolerance
methods.

Tim

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Thanks
mcgyvr... I understand how to modify the notes & leaders stuff, but I
would like to know if I can modify the tolerance methods in a similar fashion.
If you go to the same area, just go to the tolerance tab instead, and select
from the METHODS drop down, this is the list I would like to modify. That way,
when I create a dimension, I can just go the drop down in tolerance methods
and select what I want my suffix to be (In this case, TYP), as I would if I
were to create a MIN or MAX or reference dimension. Hope this clarifies.
vandargo.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Has there been any progress made by Autodesk on this since the last post?

Thanks,

Chad

Message 6 of 6
Maximus423

Hello,

An Autodesk responsible can answer if you have add the possiblity since 2009 to add a "Tolerance method"? I just want to know if it is possible because in the other case, I create a new note + create a new dimension only to add a line under my dimension according to the ISO norm: ISO 129:1985 (an underline dimension).

Thank you,

Max

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report