Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To upgrade or not, 2012 to 2013?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
KF090
324 Views, 4 Replies

To upgrade or not, 2012 to 2013?

IT manager asked me if I want to upgrade to 2013 as it comes with our subscriptions.

Is there any reason NOT to upgrade at this point?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jletcher
in reply to: KF090

I would say don't..

They put in a lot of crap and everyone is having issues If I was you I would wait till 2014 or a few more service packs come out for 2013..

Waiting for 2014 will give them time to fix the issues with the new crap they installed.. And than again they still have not fixed the bug from version 6..

Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
karthur1

Have you seen the 2013 whats new document?  It is on wiki help.  There are some nice features in 2013 and they have out Update 2.  SP1 should be coming out in Mid September. 

We have about 10+/- using 2013 here and we are pretty happy with it.

Message 4 of 5
QuasiMojo

If you have work to finish: don't.  If you have time to deal with migrating everything and getting the program as close to the way you want it (only possible to come close) then go ahead, you'll probably be fine.  Some of the annoyances I had with 2012 have now been traded for new ones in 2013, but I'm mostly happier with the new version.

Message 5 of 5
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi KF090,

I would suggest that you ask your IT professional to install 2013 on your machine for testing, but leave 2012 in place. Then set up a 2013 test bed project (copy over some production files using Pack and Go, etc.). Give it a few weeks or longer, until you've had time to test it out and work through some migration issues, and so on.

After you've taken your time to get a good feel for how the new version will negatively or positively impact your department, if you find that 2013 is ready to roll out, then do so. If you feel it's not ready (needs a service pack) or the changes do not add enough benefit to your work, then stay with 2012. Many companies will decide to skip a version from time to time for a lot of various reasons. But its always a good idea to test it out and see for yourself.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report