Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To see tutorials "Install Latest Flash Player"... but still not working

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
oransen
10015 Views, 29 Replies

To see tutorials "Install Latest Flash Player"... but still not working

I'm trying to watch the tutorial videos, but I get a message "Install the latest flash player" which I do, and Adobe confirms it has been install, but I still can't get the videos to show. Even after shutting the computer down and restarting.

29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
SeanFarr
in reply to: Feanor1031

what is displayed on your screen in this area? Start inventor and go to the Get Started Tab

tutorials.png

Sean Farr
Product Designer at TESInc.ca

Inventor Professional 2014-Update 2 - AutoCAD Electrical 2014
Win7-x64 | ASUS P8Z77-V | i7 3770 -3.4 GHz | 32GB RAM |
240GB SSD | nVidia GTX 670 4GB - 320.49
Message 22 of 30
Feanor1031
in reply to: SeanFarr

There's nothing, the window is empty...

Get Started screen.jpg

Message 23 of 30
daniel.koerner
in reply to: oransen

A Solution that worked for me:

Install FlashPlayer ActiveX for IE (can be installed in addition to the FlashPlayer Plugin for Firefox, etc.)

http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

select "Windows 7 / Vista / XP / 2008 / 2003"

select "Flash Player 11 for Internet Explorer"

Message 24 of 30
Feanor1031
in reply to: daniel.koerner

Thanks for your answer. Sadly it didn't work for me. The problem isn't really that I can't PLAY the tutorials, but that they are MISSING from get started window, where they are meant to be!

Message 25 of 30
aci20
in reply to: Feanor1031

Feanor1031 - You've slightly hijacked the thread, I think.  daniel.koerner was in the original conversation.  I guess there may be some connection between the problems, but maybe it's worth starting your own thread.

Same problem for me (the unable to play video one) - fresh install of ADInventor and Flash, Firefox is my browser, using Windows 7 Profesional, SP1, windows and browser fully updated too.

Nothing helpful to say, just bumping this up the list.

Message 26 of 30
aci20
in reply to: aci20

Ahhh.... missed a critical point in daniel.koerner's post. Although I never use Internet Explorer, I guess ADInventor does, so deliberately installing the 'wrong' Flash update - i.e. selecting the one for Internet Explorer - turned out to do the trick for me. Thanks d.k!
Message 27 of 30
xaledas
in reply to: SeanFarr

FIXED IT!!

Someone said that I had to have flash player activeX besides flash player plugin.

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Download the Windows Flash Player 11.9 ActiveX control content debugger (for IE)

So I downloaded and installed it.

I tried but was not working.

I opened ccleaner and I went to the tools section -> start-up -> firefox (my default browser)

I had shockwave flash disable, I enabled it and now it is working.

Note: I thought the problem was with firefox so I switched to explorer as default browser, I had the same problem so it is not the browser the problem.

I hope it helps.

Message 28 of 30
Andruha2
in reply to: Paul-Mason

Hey Thanks for the help, your solution solved the problem,

For people who have same problem. 

The problem is when playing tutorials Inventor is searching newest flash player from ActiveX(IE), so you have to download and install latest flash player for Internet Explorer.

This solved my problem.

Message 29 of 30
amitnaskar
in reply to: korrvin

Korrvin's suggestion worked for e. Try installing flash on IE and restart Inventor.

Thanks 🙂
Message 30 of 30
jojo_pajulas07
in reply to: xaledas

Thanks for the TIPS dude... Now its working.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report