Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Titleblock Assistance Needed

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
chance1080p
254 Views, 5 Replies

Titleblock Assistance Needed

When I make changes to the titleblock, I save them and will be able to see it under the Drawing Resources-TitleBlock box..  Then when I save and close that drawing, open a new drawing to start for another part, it will not show up in the list.. I have done exactly what several insructional videos have said with no luck

I am new to Inventor, coming from Pro-E... Sorry if this is a simple question

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rdyson
in reply to: chance1080p

You need to save the changes in your template file. Probably "?:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Autodesk\Inventor20??\Templates"

PDSU 2016
Message 3 of 6
rhasell

Hi

You can also do a "Save as", "Save copy as Template"

The template is similar to PRO-E's start part. (Really going back a few years now, so can't remember so well)

TIPS:

Imbed your images if you export your files to AutoCAD

Keep it "Light" lots of different titleblocks and images in the same template can make the drawing files HUGE right from the get go.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 4 of 6
chance1080p
in reply to: rhasell

I should have said that we tried the "save as" also. with the same results

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Open the file with the title block you want then open the template.  Copy the title block and paste it into the template.

Are you working locally or are your templates on a network?  If they are on a network, make sure you use the template file on the network, not the local one.

Message 6 of 6
L.van.Gorsel

The titleblock isn't saved in your template file. Please open the Projects window (on the 'get started' tab), look in your folder options to locate the directery where your template files are in.

Then press open file, go to this directory, open your drawing template, ignore the warning of opening a file out of your working folder, and then you can change or copy your titleblocks.

Good luck!

Projcet file settings

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Green check.png  Please mark "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question or "Kudos" if you found it useful
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013, 2014 & 2015 Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report