Inventor General Discussion

Contributor
TNTall
Message 1 of 2 (141 Views)

Title Block Reference

141 Views, 1 Replies
04-05-2012 01:05 PM

I have text in my title block that references part properties. If I have several different part and assembly base views on a sheet, how do I control which one the title block references? It defaults to the first one that was placed. I am using 2011 Pro.

Thanks,

Greg

*Expert Elite*
harco
Message 2 of 2 (117 Views)

Re: Title Block Reference

04-06-2012 01:23 AM in reply to: TNTall

Generally Inventor is designed to work on the one model one drawing principle.

Therefore as you state " It defaults to the first one(view) that was placed" no way round this I believe.

Just need to remember which part is the main reference and place it first.

I haven't tried but you maybe able to re-order the views in the browser, no high hopes for this idea though.

Replace model reference may get you what you want but it will mess up your views.

Copy the drawing first to give you sheets or views to copy back to the original.

You can place other model views and pull iproperties into leader texts.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube