Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Threads in 3D PDF

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rthakare
612 Views, 4 Replies

Threads in 3D PDF

Hi,

I am using Inventor 2013 and have a nut 3D model. I have used the thread feature in inventor to create threads, but since this thread feature is just a appearance it does not show when I export it into 3D pdf using Tetra 4D.

I am not sure how to solve this issue.

Thanks.

R

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: rthakare

Withe the Thread Feature in IV, it's only cosmetic. You would need to actualy model the threads with Coil-Cut command.

You can also install the "Thread-App" from the Autodesk Exchange:

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVPROSA/en/Detail/Index?id=autodesk.appstore.exchange.autodesk.co...

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
rthakare
in reply to: blair

Hi,

Thanks for this solution. it works great. But now when i create a .iwd drawing using this model and use annotations to add the hole dimensions it does not show the thread dimensions. (for eg. 3/8 - 32UNEF -2B)

R

Message 4 of 5
blair

That is correct, have have now changed the data of the thread from a cosmetic with meta-data that is read into the IDW to a profile feature.

Either one of the other.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
mrattray

I would use an iPart for this. One member would have modeled threads and the other cosmetic threads. I would use the cosmetic threaded member for all of my drawings and in my assemblies, whereas the modeled thread member would only be for "special use" like generating 3D pdf's and renderings.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report